City 2 Napoli 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Page 2 | Vital Football

City 2 Napoli 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Pep Guardiola: "It was an amazing game. Outstanding. Both wanted to play against high pressing. Napoli are one of the best teams I have faced in my career. If you are not aggressive without the ball you have no chance to survive.

"The situation is that we go to the next game and try to win that. We are close but it is not already done. We need one more victory to qualify."

Stones block with them big balls of his.

https://twitter.com/InsiderCityHD/status/920382258309156864

^ Great defending, but close to handball, it looks to me.

Reminder when Micah was so unlucky in the second leg League Cup semi in 2012 against Liverpool.

Think it was his hip, not 100% though.

That penalty against Micah was a disgrace, I'm still angry about that. :019:

[youtube=/zmFTjQyxx5A]

I reckon that's hit his midriff, one of the angles looks very clear.

Fernandinho lucky not to give away pen, he looked very tired in that second half.

The GIF on the penalty save doesn't show it, but Fernie was like a ferret down a rabbit hole to get there first.
Wonder if he got away with encroaching first? :051: :021: :006:

Johnny Baguette - 17/10/2017 21:58

Hold everything. Liverpool have won the competition. The peoples champions are back on every page!
LOL. Being lauded to the heavens. After all Maribor are at the same standard as Barca or Real Madrid are they not?

Make no mistake this was a good test

Naples were made to run round in circles for 30 minutes and reduced to corners and shots on target for the first half to virtually nothing, this being a team that was scoring for fun in their own League, even so when they did get the ball in the net it was from the penalty spot, as for the one they missed Walker clearly had his arms round The Italian and he went down, defenders do this all the time and refs should give more penalties for this sort of thing.

We were solid and we did not concede from open play, but we were clinical and unlucky at the same time in our attack, but 3 points are in the bag.

I was dumb struck at our first half display, we were that good, but in the second, It was either because Napoli had their moments or we lost a bit of the quick pass and move we had in the first half on that but even so we were solid and cool to take it to the end and a win.

Johnny Baguette - 17/10/2017 22:10

Burnley:

Would start Danilo, Bernardo, The Dog, Kun and Yaya.

Bring Delph inside middle and rest Kev, Dave, Jesus, Leroy and Raz.

Hold back width on the bench.

No JB go for the throat, get as many points and as many goals as we can.

I remember Mancini dropping Dzeko after he was banging them in for fun and we started to lose.

The team we play now know each other and perhaps an enforced change is OK, but not three or four, that will disrupt the flowing football.

Burnley have given some top sides a hard time and multiple changes to our side would be a big risk. The league cup is coming up next week - make those changes then. But for Saturday perhaps only Aguero and Gundogan for Jesus and Ferna perhaps

Sky Sports have been very kind to us today - even Mcanally suggested that he had Sterling wrong and now thinks he is a better player than he thought he was.

Wonders will never cease

The likelihood is that the team that starts against Burnley, if there are changes made, won't be a country mile away from the League Cup line up against Wolves.

At the moment I'm thinking Danilo for Walker, Gundogan/Fernie, B Silva/D Silva, and Aguero/G Jesus.
Then the seniors will have had a 10 days rest, injury permitting.
We've still got the threat out wide. It'll be a little clearer on Friday with the presser, no doubt.

I think so Colin, there may be a doubt about David Silva, with his head collision, that will teach him to take the piss out of us baldies.

Colin Is The King - 18/10/2017 14:34

The likelihood is that the team that starts against Burnley, if there are changes made, won't be a country mile away from the League Cup line up against Wolves.

At the moment I'm thinking Danilo for Walker, Gundogan/Fernie, B Silva/D Silva, and Aguero/G Jesus.
Then the seniors will have had a 10 days rest, injury permitting.
We've still got the threat out wide. It'll be a little clearer on Friday with the presser, no doubt.

It's great, you make them changes and there's no drop off in quality. It could even be argued that we'd be stronger with them.

Compare that to any of our PL rivals, take out 4 of their first XI and they're struggling to maintain the levels of quality.

Buzz Lightyear - 18/10/2017 14:31

Sky Sports have been very kind to us today - even Mcanally suggested that he had Sterling wrong and now thinks he is a better player than he thought he was.

Wonders will never cease

I am especially pleased for this young man after the despicable treatment meted out to him and tacitally supported by a lot of ex-dipper pundits for having the audacity to leave Liverpool.

Funny. They have all been pretty silent since he has started banging in the goals.

He is making them eat their words and is showing just how much Pep can improve players.