City 13 month period financial results | Vital Football

City 13 month period financial results

johnkelv

Alert Team
pedrocity5, Manchester, United Kingdom, about an hour ago

Magnificent owners who have invested their own money into MCFC, Manchester and Mancunians. They have built City into a one of the top 5 clubs in the world but have also put money into East Manchester by building thousands of affordable housing. Manchester thanks you Sheikh Mansoor.

I like to read the comments and ignore the usual Rag snipers, but I like the above comment from Pedro, most of the press have an article on our financial results, we are travelling very well.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5062559/Manchester-City-wage-bill-soar-37-cent-264m.html#ixzz4xwgp802n
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know this is a long term project, but it still seems a low return on investment. I expected much bigger profits.

I love the way that the article hypes City’s wage bill as rising by 37% and this being bigger than the rags increase.........only to the make the proper, more direct and accurate comparison using the same time period. :039: But hey, point made, don’t expect people to read on or absorb the accurate figure.

Progress still being made and good to see the turnover improving although I am mindful of the old saying “profit is sanity, turnover is vanity” and we need to up our game. The brand of football being delivered should help but has anyone’s else noticed a decline in or tv appearances (& therefore tv revenue) recently? I think we made only two League appearances in the past 6 weeks.

Yeah I've noticed that Skoorb but when you look at our upcoming league fixtures after the break we're due to be shown live 6 times in 6 weeks up to the new year. Add to that our League Cup tie against Leicester is also on Sky and throw in the two CL fixtures and that's 9 times in 6 weeks.

Just guessing but I reckon they're working within quotas and with the likelihood that we'll be in the title race right to the death, they don't want to blow their quota on us too early, that's my theory on why we haven't been shown that much recently.

Just reading around the different reports on this and I'm still seeing oil being mentioned all the time, why? Is money earned from oil ill-gotten? Is it not worth the same as other money?

Bluedub - 9/11/2017 08:08

Just reading around the different reports on this and I'm still seeing oil being mentioned all the time, why? Is money earned from oil ill-gotten? Is it not worth the same as other money?

No one slagged off Franny for using toilet roll turnover to finance his takeover of the club, just thought it was funny I guess.

In a parallel universe would this be like the UK using North Sea Oil to buy Barcelona or PSG?

On TV appearances....

So far 4 on Sky, plus 4 in full replay on game of the day. However, there was a gap between 9th September (Liverpool) and 5th November (Arsenal) in the main schedule.

2 so far on BT Sport, plus the 4 in Europe, one of which was free to air.

Bluedub - 9/11/2017 08:08

The oil gets mentioned with frequency amongst the comments - lots of references to “dirtyoilmoney” which is all very odd seeing as pretty much anyone posting those comments will have a car and have to fill it with fuel of some kind, use oil based emulsion on their walls, use electricity generated from oil power stations etc etc.

If you ask me it is actually thinly veiled racism.

Oil is guaranteed a mention on any story/item about City.
Shows that the people who write the shit haven’t the brains to research the subject properly and therefore should be sweeping the streets rather than reporting.

And the media wonders why no one believes anything they report. I long for the days when just the facts were presented without biased commentary inserted.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Inconvenient, pesky things facts especially if they don’t fit the narrative. So difficult to find reporting that isn’t slanted. :013: