City 1 Liverpool 2 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

City 1 Liverpool 2 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Two off-side calls given incorrectly in the first match - both in Liveerpool's favour.

Two penalties not given against the rags.

Tonight, goal disallowed etc. etc. etc.

I do not believe it is beyond the wit of man to officiate a game of football with a fair degree of accuracy - this is the twenty-first century, for fuck's sake!

So why do the offals determine our season yet again?

Hmm. Probably for the same reason that VAR seems to have been set up to fail.

Jurgen Klopp speaking to BT Sport:

"It was quite difficult tonight, again especially with the start. This wonderful goal that we served them on a plate. I was expecting something like that but I liked the reaction immediately after that.

"City took all the risks they could take, we needed a bit of luck and a disciplined defending formation. I was not overly happy at half-time to be honest.

"He (Pep Guardiola) took all the risks and it was his decision and it could’ve been the absolute right one, it's easy to say afterwards. They could’ve scored two or three goals in the first half but it was 100% clear that if we win the ball we’d have an opportunity.

"The last situation in the first half was how you do the counter-attack and that’s how we scored the two goals. It’s not about perfection it’s about the result, the character, the mentality, really fighting for the result. We defended well, it's not our best game but we deserved it at the end."

Still there are areas city need to address in summer window.. Guardiola need to sign an extension to finish his mission and he needs to find the formula for defending and attacking in the coming season. By the way If liverpool gets roma in semis then it is totally shit.And our fans are exceptionally right and they correctly booed uefa anthem ..

If u need to win big games u need to have better players than the present city lot ..we need a better replacement for silva and otamendi .

A very telling quote from Pep highlighting the impact of the officials and the iniquity of the decisions. No penalty v the rags; Salah offside for the first goal last week and yet Sané given offside multiple times by no more than the same slight margin if at all (the final one where he rolled it across for Gundogan to score was a joke); blatantly biased decision to disallow the Sané goal before halftime. :wagging:

Frankly I am sick to death of the crap decisons and failure to adequately deal with poor tackling.

This is what he means by “analyse game by game”

It has been an exhausting schedule and I think JB is right - the three week break took the wind from our sails.

How right that is some major decisions over the last week have chganged the course of the game and not for the first time this season we have found ourselves wondering what the ref saw that the rest of us didn't and i could go on to name a few games recently that we have been stitched up.

I struggle to remember the last marginal call in our favour. Also can’t recall the last penalty we were awarded

I think he should have kept Vinnie and Otamendi, but he switched CBs in a vital match and the pairing last night had not bonded properly and it was a mistake to play Eric and Nico together

Otamendi always has question marks when under pressure.
I think there will be a few changes to our defence in the summer Buzz.

When you think of it Bluey, it’s not so bad, one bad week, admittedly a bit of a punch in the guts, in a whole season of goodness.
Brings us back to reality a bit.
Bottle of wine and a nice cuddle with the ones we love and life goes on.

The media will whitewash over what could have been because of the errors by refs over the two legs, even the Derby game was poorly reffed, but the fact is that we conceded more goals than we should have and that is what needs addressing

Pep's plan requires scoring more frequently and we really didn't test Karius or De Gea seriously obver the past three matches. Only De Gea's reaction save v Aguero stands out. The defence will make the occasional error/get caught and Eddy has not been as dominant as we had previously seen - result >> conceding chances. We have not been clinical enough - Sterling x 2 & Gundogan v Rags and have not had the rub of the green (Bernardo onto the post last night).....coupled with being shafted by the officials all in all it has been a perfect storm.

A wet dream for those wishing Guardiola to fall flat on his face.

We have got to dig deep now and push on. What is done is done but I am expecting no favours from Jon Moss at the weekend - the pattern has been set and Messrs Alli & Kane saw what they could get away with last time so I expect more of the same.

Time for some performances out of left field - get Delphy back on the left, where is John Stones? and perhaps throw on Foden for some fresh legs and ideas.

Let's get the job done

Three hectic and energy sapping back-to-back games in a short space of time has taken its toll, not only on the players but on us fans. I for one am mentally knackered / exhausted and need to recharge my batteries in preparation for Saturday’s Premier League fixture, away at Tottenham. Now, if I feel drained imagine how everyone at the club feels.

This season is not over just yet. We have six remaining Premier League fixtures and a mere five points required to lift the season’s second trophy.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/manchester-city-match-stats-vs-liverpool/