City 1 Liverpool 2 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

City 1 Liverpool 2 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Full Time Stat Attack:
City 1 Liverpool 2
Possession: 70% v 30%
Shots: 22 v 5
On Target: 3 v 3
Corners: 9 v 2
Offsides: 9 v 0
Fouls: 5 v 7
Bookings: 2 v 4

The Ped into Europe Report by Pedmachine to follow...

I'm still proud to be a City fan. I'll love this club even if we drop to League 2. That doesn't mean that I'm not absolutely shattered.

I am calling a mental and physical City burn out at the end of a harrowing 7 days. It has been coming for this brilliant side. It is now 8 games since we scored a goal beyond the 50 minute mark in the League Cup Final. I would also suggest that the 3 weeks off after the win at Stoke lost us our momentum. I keep being told that we have won the Premier League with ease. 6 games to go. 1 at top 4 chasers Spurs, unbeaten domestically since we thrashed them in December and 5 against sides fighting to stay up. Lose at Spurs and the gap could be 10 points. I think Pep has to find endurance from somewhere and quickly to steady the ship.

Pep will have a big job to lift spirits after these last three games, but we will win the league and there is always next season. City till I die.:cry:

If that's the case, JB, we had better insert some youth into the lineup. I truly think it's more mental than physical.

James Milner speaking to BT Sport:

"They’re a good team and they were always going to put us under pressure. They had chances but that shows a lot about how we came out in the second half.

"Maybe it woke us up to concede that early, it says a lot about the boys coming under that pressure in first half and in the second half last week. In the second half today we got hold of it slightly more but we still have to improve.

"Everyone knows how good Manchester City are so to beat them is a good confidence builder but we have to be better in the next round.

"We got about them a bit more in the second half, kept ball slightly better, were more composed that’s the key, it’s what you have to do against these sorts of teams."

Bollocks from bitter Milneymar. The ref turned the tie then we ran out of steam again.

I hope we smash every side from now on. Go for every record.

Pep Guardiola:

"I said it was a goal when the ball was passed to Leroy Sane. That’s why he sent me off. It would have been different to go in 2-0 . It’s different when Salah’s goal at Anfield is offside. It’s different when Gabriel Jesus' goal at Anfield is offside.

"In this competition the teams are so equal and the influence of refereeing decisions is so important. We’ll go again next season. Big congratulations to Liverpool, Hopefully they can represent England well in the semi-final."

"We’ve had 10 amazing months. We have to recover mentally for the six games remaining. Our 10 month winning spell is exceptional. You have to analyse game by game."