Chromebook - Help Please | Vital Football

Chromebook - Help Please

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
I forget who got a new chromebook a while back.

I was saying mine was highly average at the time of the last thread. But then it is years old, one of the 1st and I was told they had improved massively.

So... recommendations?

I only need to surf and then use some of my word, excel etc spreadsheets. I like these over laptops because they are generally cheaper plus turn on straight away. I use mostly when out of the office and just doing admin/surfing on Vital.

I got Chromebooks for my teachers. They are great for low performance usage. I see there are a lot of higher spec ones these days but you probably don't need too high a spec if you are on a Chromebook.

I don't have any specific recommendations though. The US sites seem to have a lot of good deals. Generally, I'd say just get the highest spec for your budget but for a Chromebook it might be better to get the cheapest one with sufficient specs for you.

Don't know much about them but there is an advert on the radio at the moment saying there is £70 of Chromebooks. I think it is Curry's but next time it is on I will get more details.

I've got two one at home one in my caravan, love them .
I don't play games or watch films etc so just surfing the web they are great.
I got used to google doc when I was at work so no problems there

You can get a Google Pixelbook with an i7 and 8gb of ram but I can't see the point. You want a Chromebook to surf the internet and use Office not edit video.

I have always used Acer Chromebooks and found them reliable and generally cheaper than the other competition.

I am happy with this new chrome book.

real improvement on my old one, which to be fair, it should be, as it was twice the price and the old one was a couple of years old. This is going to make work much easier.

The twisty bit is quite a nice feature but it is heavy to use as a tablet, and why use a touch keypad when you have a proper keyboard? But that will come in very handy if/when I watch a video and want to put the twisty doo dah as a stand for the screen.

All in all, great choice this. Chuffed.