Chrome Problem? | Vital Football

Chrome Problem?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Anyone else getting this (or have had it?)

Chrome was fine until this morning, now it won't display the bottom navigation bar and has gone black/strange at the top.

(Windows 8, but as said, been fine until today)

I've re-installed but the same is happening.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
It's gone into Metro mode - i.e. Windows front end bit. Click on the three line thing at the top right, and select relaunch in desktop mode.

sorted, thanks Heathfield. Strange 'mode' that, don't understand the need for it.

But great, sorted. Strangely I tried that earlier but it didn't do it. Maybe I didn't click it right. I didn't do it through knowledge, I was just guessing and trying everything!

The Fear - 12/7/2013 14:56

sorted, thanks Heathfield. Strange 'mode' that, don't understand the need for it.

But great, sorted. Strangely I tried that earlier but it didn't do it. Maybe I didn't click it right. I didn't do it through knowledge, I was just guessing and trying everything!

It's meant to be more finger friendly, for tablets. The fact it hasn't even got pinch to zoom yet says it all. For once, IE is the best browser available.

Glad it's sorted. :14:

sirdennis - 12/7/2013 14:57

Anyone know how to solve the shockwave problem ?

I don't know what your specific problem is, but does this help?

http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

seems very widespread that one sirdennis, I've not sussed a fix yet and know a good few people suffering the same.

Can't say that any single browser is problem free at the moment!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 12/7/2013 15:02

I don't know what your specific problem is, but does this help?

http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

Thanks will give that a go.

Dunno about Chrome but I'm using IE and in the last hour the tab with Vital on has closed down and had to be recovered.

Not sure whats causing it but could be the same issue as Dennis maybe?

I've been having pages on VV freezing on me on my phone. Once I close the page, all the other tabs continue as normal.

decent article on that site about the Windows 8.1

looks like it will be better, couldn't be worse really!

I think that when there is an update for shockwave, sometimes it disables the programme, which is like an add on to chrome.

You need to enable it again.

Type - "chrome:plugins" into the address bar, then look down the list for the shockwave plug in and click "enable"

I can't remember but I think you may have to shut chrome down and then re-open it for it to work.

Does everybody else have to keep installing adobe flash player every day sometime two or three times ffs it does my nut in