christos albanis | Vital Football

christos albanis

the jock

Vital Football Legend
jock sources inform me that forest are trying to sign Christos Albanis who plays as a left winger for Apollon in Greece.

8 goals this season. 500k release clause

Haven't been impressed with Greek signings so far.. £500K is a low risk gamble providing wages are low. Blocks a youngster coming thru though. If he is to sit on bench prefer to give Gomis and Appiah a squad place.

Will there be an imminent announcement?

I only report what was said; I have no control over timing.

The remarks attributed to our illustrious Chairman are genuine and have not been embellished in any way; they were made at a sponsors event, I trust the person who told me 100%, and the remarks have been reported elsewhere.

At the end of the day does it matter if an announcement is made this week, next week or the week after?

I'm sure we can all agree that things are at long last going in the right direction.

I can clearly see how frustrated you are; at least you are not having to work in Liverpool like I am; have you any idea how fucking frustrating that is, particularly with that game on Saturday fast approaching?

This is typical of this vile vile forum, someone shares some perfectly reasonable goss & the usual shitehawks are busy snerting away 24/7. This is why for one have many placed firmly on ignore. I suppose most of you don’t realise this is why all the good goss is kept strictly to pm. Did you realise that? WELL DID YOU?

I only report what was said; I have no control over timing.

The remarks attributed to our illustrious Chairman are genuine and have not been embellished in any way; they were made at a sponsors event, I trust the person who told me 100%, and the remarks have been reported elsewhere.

At the end of the day does it matter if an announcement is made this week, next week or the week after?

I'm sure we can all agree that things are at long last going in the right direction.

I can clearly see how frustrated you are; at least you are not having to work in Liverpool like I am; have you any idea how fucking frustrating that is, particularly with that game on Saturday fast approaching?

Lol not quite the same but we've a few clients in SA currently and they've all been asking if I'm excited to see Liverpool back where they belong. Tongue biting has never been so difficult...

For the record, I'm still in the wait and see camp both in general and specifically about your post.. I'm unconvinced that a MS redevelopment will solve the fundamental issues we have with the CG.

I hate Liverpool as much as others (and really want them to fail on Saturday) but what I do find amusing is that the 'big' clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd ,with all their wealth, try year after year to win the champions league and usually fail.

Then Liverpool rock up every 5 or 6 years and win the thing from a lowly 4th place finish in the league.

I hate Liverpool as much as others (and really want them to fail on Saturday) but what I do find amusing is that the 'big' clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd ,with all their wealth, try year after year to win the champions league and usually fail.

Then Liverpool rock up every 5 or 6 years and win the thing from a lowly 4th place finish in the league.

I think that's an interesting distortion of the facts when we're talking about a team that hasn't won the Champions' League since 2004. Since then, Chelsea and Man United have been in 5 finals between them and won the trophy once, each. Man United lost to one of the greatest club teams of all time in 2 finals.

The simple truth with Liverpool is that they've been quite lucky. The teams they've had to play haven't been great, other than Man City. They've played SK Maribor, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Porto, Man City and Roma to reach the final of supposedly Europe's premier competition. Real Madrid, in contrast, have played Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, APOEL, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Bayern Munich to reach the same stage.

Any major side who had been given Liverpool's run to the final would have had a decent chance. But you're probably going to hear a lot about plucky Liverpool, under Klopp, who have spent over £200m themselves since he was appointed. I'm not saying they've done badly, but Real have had to beat 3 European giants to reach the final, and had a pretty tough group on paper.

It goes to show that a lot of it rides on luck. Roma, with the benefit of better refereeing decisions, could have beaten them in the semi-final, having been 5-0 down after an hour or so of the 1st leg. Man City could have been within a goal of them at half-time of the 2nd leg if not for a really poor refereeing decision. A lot of their getting this far has been down to luck, first of the draw and then on the day itself.

With Real's pedigree, I'm hopeful that their luck is about to run out. But Scum FC have a horrible habit of getting their name on the trophy by hook or by crook, so I'm not holding out hope that class shall prevail in the end. It just goes to show what the Champions' League is about when you can finish 4th in your league, and get to a final without having really played too many great teams.

So I am guessing none of you want the commemorative Liverpool - Champions of Europe mugs and scarves I made specially?

I think that's an interesting distortion of the facts when we're talking about a team that hasn't won the Champions' League since 2004. Since then, Chelsea and Man United have been in 5 finals between them and won the trophy once, each. Man United lost to one of the greatest club teams of all time in 2 finals.

The simple truth with Liverpool is that they've been quite lucky. The teams they've had to play haven't been great, other than Man City. They've played SK Maribor, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Porto, Man City and Roma to reach the final of supposedly Europe's premier competition. Real Madrid, in contrast, have played Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, APOEL, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Bayern Munich to reach the same stage.

Any major side who had been given Liverpool's run to the final would have had a decent chance. But you're probably going to hear a lot about plucky Liverpool, under Klopp, who have spent over £200m themselves since he was appointed. I'm not saying they've done badly, but Real have had to beat 3 European giants to reach the final, and had a pretty tough group on paper.

It goes to show that a lot of it rides on luck. Roma, with the benefit of better refereeing decisions, could have beaten them in the semi-final, having been 5-0 down after an hour or so of the 1st leg. Man City could have been within a goal of them at half-time of the 2nd leg if not for a really poor refereeing decision. A lot of their getting this far has been down to luck, first of the draw and then on the day itself.

With Real's pedigree, I'm hopeful that their luck is about to run out. But Scum FC have a horrible habit of getting their name on the trophy by hook or by crook, so I'm not holding out hope that class shall prevail in the end. It just goes to show what the Champions' League is about when you can finish 4th in your league, and get to a final without having really played too many great teams.

they still had to get through City though, and they trashed them. Think Liverpool will beat Real Madrid.