Christmas Fixtures In League One | Vital Football

Christmas Fixtures In League One

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
These are the games currently scheduled relative to the top of League One, given that some have been postponed due to Covid outbreaks:

Tuesday 22 December
DONCASTER v Shrewsbury

Saturday 26 December
CHARLTON v Plymouth
DONCASTER v ACCRINGTON
LINCOLN v Burton
PORTSMOUTH v Swindon

Tuesday 29 December
ACCRINGTON v SUNDERLAND
Bristol Rvs v PORTSMOUTH
HULL v LINCOLN
Fleetwood v DONCASTER

Saturday 2 January
ACCRINGTON v PORTSMOUTH
AFC Wimbledon v LINCOLN
Fleetwood v IPSWICH
HULL v CHARLTON
Northampton v SUNDERLAND
PETERBOROUGH v DONCASTER

Doncaster will go top if they beat stodgy Shrewsbury tomorrow night. I noticed today that the Doncaster Free Press is already counting one or two chickens in fantasising about playing Arsenal in the Championship next season.

Some testing fixtures there for Accrington, Doncaster and Hull (albeit only two games for them).

Two wins and a draw would see us in a good position.

4 games for Donny is quite a busy schedule, if they all go ahead. How is their squad looking, injury-wise?

BBC are saying Accrington v Sunderland is OFF
I can't see that anywhere, do you have a link? It was supposed to be Sunderland's first game back after their three postponements (Shrewsbury on 19 Dec, Blackpool this evening, and Hull on 26 Dec). Both club websites show the game as taking place.

4 games for Donny is quite a busy schedule, if they all go ahead. How is their squad looking, injury-wise?
They are looking alright after a spell of injuries, like Lincoln are suffering now. Midfielders Madger Gomes and Josh Sims are missing with hamstrings, but the rest are available. They have a hard core of around 13/14 starters, and fans are concerned about the schedule. On the positive side, most of that hard core of players are aged between 23 and 28, the exception being 153-year-old James Coppinger who is largely a substitute these days anyway. Darren Moore has said he will have to rotate during the holiday period, which may not fit comfortably with some tough fixtures.

I can't see that anywhere, do you have a link? It was supposed to be Sunderland's first game back after their three postponements (Shrewsbury on 19 Dec, Blackpool this evening, and Hull on 26 Dec). Both club websites show the game as taking place.
It was within their article last night about 2 Ipswich games off and was probably a miscount of the 3 Sunderland games off.

This is from the same bloke who comes up with a load of rubbish every transfer window.

However, Lincoln really should be looking at this as a real opportunity. Points on the board will count for a lot more than games in hand come the second half of the season (assuming we don't go to a PPG scenario). With thin squads and two games a week every week, I wouldn't want to be trying to claw back a lot of points on those above me.

7 points from next 9 would be fantastic.

This is from the same bloke who comes up with a load of rubbish every transfer window.

However, Lincoln really should be looking at this as a real opportunity. Points on the board will count for a lot more than games in hand come the second half of the season (assuming we don't go to a PPG scenario). With thin squads and two games a week every week, I wouldn't want to be trying to claw back a lot of points on those above me.

7 points from next 9 would be fantastic.

This isn't the same bloke who comes up with a load of rubbish every transfer window. I would have ignored it if it was.