Christmas F##### then | Page 6 | Vital Football

Christmas F##### then

evidently Cameron started the research into viruses so well done there.
they also stocked billions of items of ppe (sadly did not replace items as they were used and failed to create uk sourcing) but well done.
they decided not to source ventilators or create a us sourcing ( it may never happen evidently)
They moved even more blood type testing abroad which is why our our test labs were scarce.
Same with diagnostics.
so basically bad planning for a known risk.

then of course this was followed by hospital closures and loss of doctors and nurses. Couple this with the balls up of private sector care homes.

then we move oldies with covid from hospitals to care homes.

so basically it was a know risk and no surprise at all. Bit like getting rid of ships and soldiers as a war may never happen.

china and usa locked down travel between countries - we did nothing. It was obvious that wearing masks is beat in a pandemic and yet we did nothing.

The Health minister has final control of the supply of large amounts of the goods that go into our hospitals via a private contractor.They had the ability to rotate the stock they purchased in case of a pandemic but didn't. Someone in very high places cocked up and never put the procedure of rotation into the system. Taking no account of sell by dates at all .Any stock pile of dated stock is useless once out of date .The idea was right those who carried it out clearly did not know about sell by dates and never put it into the system. That cost the country many ,many lives.

The hysterical reactions we saw from sad-acts whose life it is to go to the gym when they were rightly shut during the lockdown. I think due to their childish, stupid, pathetic and hysterical reactions, gyms stayed open during Tier 3 and I daresay did their but to spread this mutation?

I must say that my gym has been exceptional.
- Contactless entry.
- Capacity limited.
- Markings everywhere for social distancing.
- Alternate urinals and lockers put out of service.
- Masks mandatory and staff are hot on even the most minor misdemeanours.
- Equipment removed and reconfigured to avoid breaking of social distancing.
- Hand gel everywhere.
- Kit cleaned by all members without fail.
- Staff sanitising with mist guns during all operating hours.
- Full time cleaners
- Regular servicing of aircon / air extraction systems...

I could go on. I seriously wouldn’t go to the gym if I felt that there was a big risk.

I could understand how you might reasonably deduce that when people congregate in the same location then it would drive transmission, but I think you should pop in to a gym to see what it’s like in reality.

by contrast, I’m terrified when popping down to the supermarket. Everyone there seems to think that a mask makes them invincible.

Unfortunately it is an airborne virus, so whilst wiping down gym equipment after use is good for sanitation, it only needs one person who's infected in the gym to potentially spread the virus to everyone else or in there via his/her breathing.
There's an increased risk again if they talk to other people in there. If they use running machines or rowing machines or other aerobic equipment as gym goers tend to, that makes them breathe at a much faster rate, then the infection risk would increase again. Of course asymptomatic people could be spreading the virus in gyms without knowing it.
Keeping your distance would help as would extracting out the air from the room and drawing fresh air in, and larger gyms with more space between the users would be safer, but not risk free at all.

I think the 'extra' problem with gyms is the heavy breathing - same as with singing (e.g the early outbreak in Korea). The aerosols are pushed further into the distance compared with normal breathing. Hand gel and cleaning aren't gonna make any significant difference to an airbourne virus.

That said - I haven't heard of any outbreaks in gyms

That is because there haven’t been any!

Aerobic equipment in my gym is pointed towards the wall and there are more than 2m between the kit... ...so even with heavier breathing I feel that this risk is low.

A woman I work with's boyfriend, runs the biggest independent gym in Kent, Ironworks. They had an outbreak there, including the boyfriend. Got me lots of overtime though 🙂

I'd like to thank ST for his comments about muscle bound hunks in the gym. As a regular user I thought I was an overweight pensioner trying to regain a fitness and body shape that, in truth, never existed even when I was young. ST has now made me feel like Arnie in his prime.

I did take advantage of the gym being reopened and it was rigorous in its cleanliness. In fairness to ST I did think the aerobics classes being allowed to run was dodgy. People were only about 4 feet apart and due to the nature of the exercise, quite likely to spread the virus. The other activities were probably safer than my local Morrison's supermarket.

I'd like to thank ST for his comments about muscle bound hunks in the gym. As a regular user I thought I was an overweight pensioner trying to regain a fitness and body shape that, in truth, never existed even when I was young. ST has now made me feel like Arnie in his prime.

I did take advantage of the gym being reopened and it was rigorous in its cleanliness. In fairness to ST I did think the aerobics classes being allowed to run was dodgy. People were only about 4 feet apart and due to the nature of the exercise, quite likely to spread the virus. The other activities were probably safer than my local Morrison's supermarket.

Classes stopped at my gym.

Advice please
Myself and wife are in one of our daughters bubbles and baby sitting all the time as daughter is teacher,
Being in family bubble are we allowed to visit Boxing Day
Guess answer but

If your daughter lives alone (other than her child) you can form a support bubble with her and they can visit. Under tier 4, there is no seperate legislation regarding Christmas as it basically doesn't exist 😧
You mentioned bubbles (plural) but you can only be in one and not mix or change.
For example, Mrs Nobby and I have had my mum in our support bubble from day one so my mum can't visit, or be visited by, my brother or anyone else. We also have not had anyone visit our home nor have we visited anyone else.
This would be different to your childcare bubble as that is for childcare only, not visiting.
Below is c&p from the gov website.

Support bubble......
  • you are the only adult in your household (any other members of the household having been under 18 on 12 June 2020), or are an under 18 year old living without any adults
Childcare bubble........

"You can only use a childcare bubble for childcare. You cannot use a childcare bubble to mix with another household for other reasons."

Long and short, as long as they are in your bubble, fill your boots.

Hope that helps

Full rules are below, I do get it when people say they are confusing but I think its pretty simple if you've got the time and the will to read the lot (which i did on Saturday night a) because I'm sad and b) Mrs Nobby was watching Strictly. Took over an hour but worth a look if you can be arsed)
I have a divorced step daughter who was worried that her kids wouldn't get to see their Dad on Boxing day as planned so read the rules to clear that up really.
Knowledge is power in these matters and there may be loopholes that allow you to do more than you expected. For example, you are allowed to visit or be visited by someone in your (existing) support bubble (they are still allowed but restrictions do apply) even if they live in a different tier area, they can also stay overnight. Both are advised against but still legal and in the case of a single elderly parent living alone, this could be invaluable for giving them company at a time when to be alone, would be quite depressing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home

Full rules are below, I do get it when people say they are confusing but I think its pretty simple if you've got the time and the will to read the lot (which i did on Saturday night a) because I'm sad and b) Mrs Nobby was watching Strictly. Took over an hour but worth a look if you can be arsed)
I have a divorced step daughter who was worried that her kids wouldn't get to see their Dad on Boxing day as planned so read the rules to clear that up really.
Knowledge is power in these matters and there may be loopholes that allow you to do more than you expected. For example, you are allowed to visit or be visited by someone in your (existing) support bubble (they are still allowed but restrictions do apply) even if they live in a different tier area, they can also stay overnight. Both are advised against but still legal and in the case of a single elderly parent living alone, this could be invaluable for giving them company at a time when to be alone, would be quite depressing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home

You and your colleagues appear to be heading for a very unusual festive period, Nobby. I sincerely hope that this Xmas and, especially New Year`s eve, will be far less hostile than is usually, no lets be honest, always, the case. Hope that you and your colleagues have a relatively relaxed festive period out there in the big bad and often mad, world.

Advice please
Myself and wife are in one of our daughters bubbles and baby sitting all the time as daughter is teacher,
Being in family bubble are we allowed to visit Boxing Day
Guess answer but

existing bubbles exist for tier4 and therefore xmas.
you can be in a single unique support bubble with any size family that has a child that was under one on December the 2nd or a child under 5 that has problems.
my daughter and friends with young children have been checking it out.
any counter information will be appreciated.

Knowledge is power in these matters and there may be loopholes that allow you to do more than you expected.

I suspect the main loophole will be not to have 30 people coming around for a booze up and drawing attention to yourself. Personally I think most people not called Karen will turn a blind eye if there is a single car they don't recognise parked outside their neighbour's house.

I must say that my gym has been exceptional.
- Contactless entry.
- Capacity limited.
- Markings everywhere for social distancing.
- Alternate urinals and lockers put out of service.
- Masks mandatory and staff are hot on even the most minor misdemeanours.
- Equipment removed and reconfigured to avoid breaking of social distancing.
- Hand gel everywhere.
- Kit cleaned by all members without fail.
- Staff sanitising with mist guns during all operating hours.
- Full time cleaners
- Regular servicing of aircon / air extraction systems...

I could go on. I seriously wouldn’t go to the gym if I felt that there was a big risk.

I could understand how you might reasonably deduce that when people congregate in the same location then it would drive transmission, but I think you should pop in to a gym to see what it’s like in reality.

by contrast, I’m terrified when popping down to the supermarket. Everyone there seems to think that a mask makes them invincible.

Ran 10km before work today, it was pouring with rain and dark.

Not fun.