Christians bash the Bishop | Vital Football

Christians bash the Bishop

Juan Mourep

Vital 1st Team Regular
[youtube=eO3SDlIivcQ]

Rowan Atkinson's sketch for Comic Relief in which he played a fictional Archbishop of Canterbury was the most complained about moment of television in 2013 according to Ofcom.

Ofcom received 487 complaints calling Atkinson's monologue about prayer "offensive", although the regulator said that the comedy sketch did not break any rules.

Lol, I suppose 487 complaints is high, but that leaves several million religious people who will have watched who didn't complain.

Some people just want to be, and rejoice in being offended.

We've added front page alerts for abuse. Some of the alerts I've had are beyond belief. Someone said they hated their manager (not villa) the alert I got was 'hate is such a strong word'

:16:

Even if I was religious, I would not allow a comedian to rock my faith or offend me. I might shake my head at how unfunny the sketch was mind you!! :3:

My own complaint would be it isn't funny: Offensive no. It is just plain stupid. Christians do have a humour you know. I don't' think OFCOM take complaints on something not being funny mind as most of the TV would be complained about.

What amazes me is they don't dare do a sketch on Muslims because of the backlash but they think its O.K to do it about Christians.

It is: Majority don't mind as we can laugh at ourselves but Jesus can you get them to make it funny next time

The BBC show, forget its name, pokes fun at Muslims. So did the comedy by the India folks, forget that name as well, my memory isn't having a favourable moment.

You have to have a sense of humour to believe :3:

:56:

The Kumars and Goodness Gracious Me... came to me ... must be divine inspiration.

The Fear - 20/12/2013 10:50

The Kumars and Goodness Gracious Me... came to me ... must be divine inspiration.

citzen khan rips the shit out of them too.... though folk enjoy watching it.

imagine in this day and age the comedy of the 60's 70's 80's and early 90's being shown now....

Alf Garnett and love thy neighbour would probably cause race riots now but the fact of the matter is these programmes were actually designed to take the piss out of the bigoted racists.

The Fear - 20/12/2013 10:49

The BBC show, forget its name, pokes fun at Muslims. So did the comedy by the India folks, forget that name as well, my memory isn't having a favourable moment.

Oh believe me JF you do need a sense of humour to believe. If you don't have 1 I can only imagine it's dire hence the complaints :17:

Not seen those your on about.

Yes there were loads as gator said. Black & White minstrel show was also taken off air, as were those because of the racist card starting to become an issue even back then

kefkat - 20/12/2013 12:47

Oh believe me JF you do need a sense of humour to believe. If you don't have 1 I can only imagine it's dire hence the complaints :17:

Not seen those you're on about.

Yes there were loads as gator said. Black & White minstrel show was also taken off air, as were those because of the racist card starting to become an issue even back then

Barney2004 - 20/12/2013 13:17

kefkat - 20/12/2013 12:47

Not seen those you're on about.

???????? Barney

Barney2004 - 20/12/2013 11:20

Oh that was the one, Citizen Khan.

The Fear - 20/12/2013 17:12

Barney2004 - 20/12/2013 11:20

Oh that was the one, Citizen Khan.
Goodness gracious me is that not what that Indian or Pakistani fellow with the snake belt used to say in was it "it aint half hot mum" with Windsor Davies in.

My brother in law is a Londoner and to listen to him speak he sounds just like any other Londoner but his family are of Indian descent so he is black. If you asked him his colour he would tell you "I'm black". It is not a racist comment. I'm sure a few of us have black friends be they of Indian descent or African/Carribean descent.

A few years ago my step daughter got detention at school for reffering to a dinner lady as being black. The wife went storming in there to sort it, I hid in the car cos I know what she's like when she's got her "argument" head on. Needless to say she put the school headmaster and the teacher who gave Catherine the detention a right earful and "politely" told them that Catherine has a black uncle and he would be offended if he was called coloured.

If anyone is coloured it is us white folks. We get black eyes, we go red when sunburnt or embarrassed, we go blue with extreme cold. My brother in law always laughs at us in summer cos he says we look a bit pale and we should get more sunshine then we can maybe get a decent tan like he has. He's a decent bloke is my bro in law and I wouldn't swap him for anyone despite the fact that he's a southern softie and supports Liverpool. But we are trying to integrate him into our peculiar northern traits and teaching how to speak Yorkshire like wot we does. He doesn't do flat caps very well though...and it's as funny as hell when he says stuff like "Ee bah gum" in his London accent. Everytime he asks us where a certain part of the city is we tell him he needs to do "The Knowledge" like London cabbies have to do.

Political correctness gone mad that starchild!! Love the hiding in the car, can't say I blame you! Lol

The Fear - 20/12/2013 19:48

Political correctness gone mad that starchild!! Love the hiding in the car, can't say I blame you! Lol

haha you should see her when she gets a head of steam. Even her sisters say she is like Peggy Mount when she gets in tirade mode.

:10: