Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Eriksen and we cold buy Grealish, Cook, AND Brooks. Just as a start.

Or we could get Neves, N'dombele or even both.

None of those players are good enough to replace Eriksen (whether they will be is another discussuion). Aren't we done buying in bulk?

I don't agree with any people who want Eriksen replaced with Grealish . But are we going to spend like for like ? It's a case of what we can afford.

With a potential fee of 100 million we can do a lot better than Grealish.

We are not a poor club.

If we sign him as a replacement we may as well fold and become an NFL team.

Or we could get Neves, N'dombele or even both.

None of those players are good enough to replace Eriksen (whether they will be is another discussuion). Aren't we done buying in bulk?

Well quite.

We could by average shit - Brooks aside.

Or we could buy players that can help us win.

He has this to say yesterday>:

“It’s not something I’m thinking of.
“I’m focused on playing football, there are many games to think about and which must be won.
“It is not the first time that there have been rumours.
“When the newspapers write something, it is not something we are in control of.

“If there is nothing concrete, then I just comment on rumors.”

The 26-year-old also suggests that a new contract is possible with positive talks taking place.

Meanwhile, “there is nothing there” is bound to be related to news linking him to Madrid.

Eriksen added:

“I think people know what I want, and I know what they (Tottenham) would like.
“There are good discussions ongoing so there is nothing there.”

hadn't seen the "nothing there" part as it didn't suit the narrative of wherever I saw the quotes.

My initial interpretation of knowing what he wants was a move to a Spanish giant, now with the "nothing there" part it makes it sound more like a deal could be done if demands are met.

Sell Eriksen and we cold buy Grealish, Cook, AND Brooks. Just as a start.

Cook I rate highly. Sadly we do not know how his recovery will go.

Grealish and Brooks are nowhere near Eriksens level. I do like the look of Brooks though.

The one thing in our favour as far as RM are concerned is that FFP has really hit them hard, that and the escalating projected costs of the refurb (now lokking like 500 mill Euro's rather than the 250 mill first planned) means they're being very prudent, their last three big signings are all for young 'potential' greats - so the era of being able to easily fund 'galatico' buys may well be over for the forseeable future.

If I'm right, then as far as Spain is concerned, that only leaves Barca and the same financial pressures are now bearing down on them and chances are they'll wait for Eriksen to run his contract down further before making a move.

All of this might suggest some reasons for optimism - the stalking horse is Bayern Munich, who do have big money to spend and do have a big requirement for a player like him.

Christian Eriksen's Agent Speaks Out After the Dane Expresses His Desire to Leave Spurs This Summer
Ross Kennerley05 JUN 2019
  • 14 k

• Love It

• Must Read

• LOL

• No Way!

• Shocked

Christian Eriksen's agent Martin Schoots has seemingly confirmed his client's decision to leave Tottenham by admitting the player and the club are in a 'new situation' compared to last season.

The Dane recently expressed his desire to leave north London for a 'new challenge', with Eriksen yet to renew his contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - which has one year left to run.

It leaves Mauricio Pochettino's side in a precarious position, knowing they could keep hold of the playmaker for another year but lose him for nothing next season, or part with him this summer knowing a host of clubs are lining up for his signature. Eriksen's admission on his future plans was responded to by his agent, who claimed last there were three clubs vying for the 27-year-old's signature last term.

“Last season there were three clubs, two English and one foreign, interested in paying a huge amount to Spurs," he told Standard Sport.

Unfortunately for the club and their fans, Schoots added that while it was not the right time for either the club or the player to part ways, this summer the circumstances have changed and the player is eager to leave north London.
View image on Twitter

OptaJoe

@OptaJoe

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1136272120235905024

1 - Since his debut Premier League season in 2013-14, Christian Eriksen ranks first in the competition for chances created (547), assists (60), goals from outside the box (22) and direct free-kick goals (7). Summit.

10:02 AM - Jun 5, 2019

356 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

“For the club it was then a no-go area and for Christian not a must-have. I have the impression we are in a new situation now," he added.

Real Madrid are one of the club's touted as a potential destination for Eriksen, who joined Spurs from Ajax for £11m in 2013, and has since gone on to score 66 goals and contribute 80 assists in 277 outings for the Premier League club.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6384481...presses-his-desire-to-leave-spurs-this-summer

Seems to be a common theme with Spurs when it comes to selling our better players. We drag our heels most of the transfer window and leave it too late to find a good enough replacement.

Eriksen, Walker, Bale, Modric, Berbatov. A predictable tactic that has never worked for us.

4 weeks till the transfer window shuts and here we are once again. That momentum Levy helped give us by signing Ndombele is already starting to shift with his failure to sell players quick enough.

Another pre season has started with the squad not settled or finalised.

Sooner he is gone the better. We need to move on before both parties start to damage the mutual respect
You have to question the so called mutual respect. If there was respect for the club, he would have signed a new contract and we wouldn't have been at this impasse now.

Seems to be a common theme with Spurs when it comes to selling our better players. We drag our heels most of the transfer window and leave it too late to find a good enough replacement.
Isn't it more a case of RM not making their mind up, then us dragging our heels?

Isn't it more a case of RM not making their mind up, then us dragging our heels?

They've made their mind up - that they want him, but they think they have us over a barrel (according to one agent I know). Levy will do what's right for the long term health of the club, that and what Poch wants him to do.

So 1 year left on his contract, a player that wants to join RM and a Spanish transfer window that extends beyond the English one. A squad that already boasts an array of talent in the attacking midfield options including new signing Hazard.

I would say that Levy needs to be at his best to extract full value for Eriksen from RM. I'm not sure about over. barrel, but I would say we're on the back foot especially if the player has his heart set on one club only.

They've made their mind up - that they want him, but they think they have us over a barrel (according to one agent I know). Levy will do what's right for the long term health of the club, that and what Poch wants him to do.

They do have us over a barrel. Eriksen wants to go there.

What worries me is that if after NDombele our incoming(s) depend upon outgoings and Eriksen saga drags out, then I'd expect the odd last minute deal. Otherwise another case of we tried and there was no one (late on) available to improve the team. May be we'll sell the season tickets based on NDom's arrival.

I agree though, both the player and RM have us over the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.