Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Eriksen is an awesome player. If it was his choice to pursue his career elsewhere, I'd be disappointed but understand as long as we did our best to keep him.

With the Eriksen money I would hope that we would target 2, max 3, major signings, 25 or under. We've raised our salary possibilities nowadays so that part of the conundrum is easier. It's about finding the right couple of players that can have as much an impact as Eriksen has in his time at Spurs.

I think we just have to accept it's impossible to keep him; but I do believe it is possible to replace him - the more I watch Grealish, the more I think he's a class act that can step up and make it big.

He's off, fair play to him he's stuck around for long enough. He's good enough for any team in the world so we can't begrudge him the move.

At least when he leaves we will HAVE to go out and try and replace him

I think we just have to accept it's impossible to keep him; but I do believe it is possible to replace him - the more I watch Grealish, the more I think he's a class act that can step up and make it big.

Lol Are you drunk ?

Grealish isn’t even the best player at Villa, it would be madness.

Grealish is definitely keeping opposition defences busy, but his stats aren't supporting his case to be an Eriksen replacement. Christian has always got goals and assists.

I'd also be interested to see if Dele adapts after Eriksen leaves. He has it in his locker to play the Eriksen role. He would need to cut out the tricks and flocks out and start to get his head around being the heartbeat of the team.

That would sum up the ambition of the club. Sell Eriksen one of the best attacking midfielders around for a Championship player approaching mid 20's who is nothing more than a squad player at best.

It's simple if Eriksen goes we will have to spend some serious money to replace him.

Or you listen to MP's comments and interpret him as saying we've come as far as we can with this group it needs to refresh. There is an argument that Eriksen may hold us back as well. He's the key. Do we need a better key?

It's game of opinions - and he impresses me the more I watch him. As always, we will see..I see massive potential in him.

True true.

He’s a midtable champ player to me, never does anything to standout.

As Real said, seing Christian and replacing would be peak Spurs and sadly not a shock.

Or you listen to MP's comments and interpret him as saying we've come as far as we can with this group it needs to refresh. There is an argument that Eriksen may hold us back as well. He's the key. Do we need a better key?

In the same way Messi holds back Barca?

Comparing the two is just a little off.

Messi is a lone wolf that the team is set up around.

Eriksen is a cog in the system.

I’d argue Christian is more important than Harry and I’m sure I’m not alone

We miss him more than Harry when he’s out.

Selling our best players has never worked. What has the club won with this tactic?

There comes a time a club must show some ambition in the transfer market.

Vorm, Dembele and Llorente are all freebies in the summer.

N'Kou and Jansen are not wanted, just sell at any price. Totally pointless keeping them around taking up wages and squad places.

Toby will go, I have accepted that.

One of Aurier or Tripps can go.

Wana is broken time to sell.

Then we have average squad players that will never make it here like CCV and Onomah that need shifting.

That will free up plenty of wages and squad places.

We have to buy players in the summer. Levy has no choice.

Eriksen won't leave until the summer....if he leaves.

But we are actually a much better team now than we were with Bale.

Eriksen won't leave until the summer....if he leaves.

But we are actually a much better team now than we were with Bale.

Because Christian is in the side.

He’s the one player that can score from nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.