Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Departed

It's more or less common knowledge that Eriksen has said he will only move to Barcelona.

Does Barcelona have the money to buy both Hazard and Eriksen? I've read in a couple of places that they want HAzard more than anything.

Barca will go after Hazard first, but if that proves too hard, they will get Eriksen. I say 'get' because I think he will leave with a large offer to Barca. Why else wouldn't he re-sign alongside Alli and Kane?

Real/Barca

If he really means that he would have signed a new deal.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him at city

I don't think he's worth more than Coutinho, Eriksen just hasn't been consistently brilliant often enough yet. I'd trust Dele to turn a game before him, and it feels that shouldn't be the case. So until Eriksen makes that feeling go away, he's not worth 100m.

£92.5m

Poch on Eriksen: "Football is dynamic. It's about interests the manager sometimes can't manage. Eriksen is important to us. You'd like this type of player with you, but it's a negotiation. It would be fantastic if he commits long-term but he has every right to do what he wants."

Sounds as if erisken may be thinking elsewhere by poch comments. But who knows. If he wants to go get as much as poss and move on.

In today's market I can't see Levy accepting anything less than £125m

As I said some months ago Real Madrid need a big name and a big refresh in midfield - he fits the bill.

RM and Levy know how to do a deal, but I still can't see it being done until the summer.

Isn't Hazard a better fit for Madrid?

We know Eriksen's world class but he's not your typical galactico. Humble, only really plays the main man role for Denmark.

Paper talk saying that the Mancs are looking at offering Coutinho a route back to the Premiership as he is allegedly unsettled at Barcelona. Can't see it myself but wouldn't mind betting that Barca would be straight in for Eriksen should Utd be successful.

Isn't Hazard a better fit for Madrid?

We know Eriksen's world class but he's not your typical galactico. Humble, only really plays the main man role for Denmark.

they desperately need a playmaker - Modders is declining and it shows in how they play now, unbelievabley Isco seems to have been completely frozen out - as someone seems to have decided he's not good enough.

Hazard really is an out and out attacker, whether it's down the flanks or through the middle.

Paper talk saying that the Mancs are looking at offering Coutinho a route back to the Premiership as he is allegedly unsettled at Barcelona. Can't see it myself but wouldn't mind betting that Barca would be straight in for Eriksen should Utd be successful.

A straight trade with us would make the most sense. ;)

Also just read an article saying that Real Madrid are desperate to spend big to lower the age of the squad and bring in superstars to refresh a massively worrying season that is badly missing Ronaldo. They are looking to replace Modric, Bale, Benzema and Kroos seeing they nearing 30 or above.
Eriksen, Hazard, Mbappe, Dybala could all fit their bill of new galacticos.
They may be in disarray but it is still Real Madrid. Saying that Real Madrid in the Europa League doesn't look good does it.

Personally, I think Eriksen is an awesome player. If it was his choice to pursue his career elsewhere, I'd be disappointed but understand as long as we did our best to keep him.

With the Eriksen money I would hope that we would target 2, max 3, major signings, 25 or under. We've raised our salary possibilities nowadays so that part of the conundrum is easier. It's about finding the right couple of players that can have as much an impact as Eriksen has in his time at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.