Christian Eriksen | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen

Was watching live with one of the kids. Scary stuff but luckily it seems it could have a better ending than how it looked at the time.

A fit bloke with no issues just dropping down there but for a ref to stop the game so quick and players to put him in the recovery position as well as stop him swallowing his tongue before medics doing the cpr and shock treatment. There's a few heroes tonight.

Yes, well done Anthony Taylor the ref, and the medical staff. Total respect to Kasper Schmeichel for the way he reacted to the situation. Let's hope for a full recovery for the lad because at the time I feared the worst.

Last edited:
Apparently now in a stable condition in hospital and undergoing tests. Was one of the strangest moments I've ever seen in football. Credit to all concerned, dealt with superbly.

Aye Ive seen the Bradford fire, the Hillsborough crush and the Liverpool v Juventus wall collapse pan out all on live TV but tonight's just seemed more real if that makes any sense considering the close up views we got of CPR and the electric shock treatment.

I don't think any more can be done to keep players safe considering the monitoring that goes on nowadays but the next major talking point will be about prevention and all that entails.

This is happening far too often to athletes. Isn’t it about time there was a review into the intense training methods they’re put through all for monetary gain?

This is happening far too often to athletes. Isn’t it about time there was a review into the intense training methods they’re put through all for monetary gain?

Yes, they're put through too much! There's also the possibility that Eriksen had a pre existing condition that's lay dormant for years which hasn't been picked up by medical tests.

Regardless, very distressing seeing that happen on live TV, very happy to see he is now stable. A little surprised Denmark finished the match that night but as long as they were all happy about it.