Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a great pity that Eriksen's legacy amongst many Spurs fans is so negative. I'll prefer to remember him as a player whose performances between 2013-18 were a dominant factor in developing a team that ultimately peaked with a CL final.

True, but even yesterday his words were "I couldn’t wait to join" and didn't mention a single word about his 6 years with Spurs. The guy has absolutely no class and is the prototypal soulless modern footballer.

He has brought most of the negative feedback on himself.

True, but even yesterday his words were "I couldn’t wait to join" and didn't mention a single word about his 6 years with Spurs. The guy has absolutely no class and is the prototypal soulless modern footballer.

Fair comment, unfortunatey there are relatively few players who leave Clubs with a positive legacy, hence my comment that players like Eriksen, Bale and Modric are best remembered for their positive contribution to the Club.

It is a great pity that Eriksen's legacy amongst many Spurs fans is so negative. I'll prefer to remember him as a player whose performances between 2013-18 were a dominant factor in developing a team that ultimately peaked with a CL final.

All people have to do is think of Bale and Berbatov and how they behaved to get a move away.

Eriksen was nowhere near that level of bad.

To be fair the clubs fair well was pretty poor. Bye Eriksen hello Lo Celso. lol

It is what it is.

In the end the best result has happened and we can now all move on.

All people have to do is think of Bale and Berbatov and how they behaved to get a move away.

Eriksen was nowhere near that level of bad.

Give me straight talking and controversy every day of he week over the head nodding and passive aggression we got from Eriksen. It would never surprise me if he's using Inter as a stepping stone for another club and another pay day anyway.

It's also worth bearing in mind when everyone is so narrowly focused on how much we got for him that he was critical in the transformation of our club both on and off the balance sheet as a player that so much was due to in terms of Top4 finishes and CL football that added around £250 - 350 mill onto our balance sheet over his time with us, we more than got our monies worth.

The club can perhaps be accused of only making one mistake and that was believing Poch when he said that until RM made their formal move, he wanted to hold onto him, rather than the club force a move.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope he tears it up out there and shows what he is really capable of.

Last edited:
Give me straight talking and controversy every day of he week over the head nodding and passive aggression we got from Eriksen. It would never surprise me if he's using Inter as a stepping stone for another club and another pay day anyway.

I hope he is and I hope RM and ZZ are kicking themselves in a years time for not making good on their handshake deal.

Last edited:
To be fair the clubs fair well was pretty poor. Bye Eriksen hello Lo Celso. lol

It is what it is.

In the end the best result has happened and we can now all move on.
LOL I found it funny how they announced Lo Celso around the same time. But in fairness to the club, they did have a tribute video to Eriksen up on the website shortly after that.

"Dear Tottenham fans, I don't know where to start!

I didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone, even though I felt like I played a lot of games where everyone said and thought I would be gone the next day.

I have so many unbelievable memories over the last six-and-a-half years I was at Spurs.

I enjoyed being at the training ground every day and playing games in the stadium so much, but sometimes you just want to try something new!

So, Spurs fans, it has been a pleasure to play at your club and hopefully we meet again in the future!

All the best, Christian."

Status
Not open for further replies.