Chris Wood | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chris Wood

He's not good enough for where we want to be, but he's ok for now. He works hard but he's not a goalscorer. The one caveat to his form I'd give is that he's played 10 games on the trot and is hardly ever subbed. Top drawer strikers are few and far between. Wilson has the ability but he's injury prone. We need to upgrade this summer. Having just watched Palace vs Everton I'd rather have Wood in the side than Richarlison any day though .

He’s bang average really but if he scores another couple of goals to ensure our safety I can live with that.

Well at least he finally got the NZ scoring record. Scoring against Fiji and Samoa is some achievement...

I think he’s been a great stop gap. Hasn’t stopped running, is getting in the right positions and has given the team a different dynamic.

He was never going to score 30 a season but he’s done a job thus far and I have little doubt he knows that he’ll be backup or used as an impact sub in the future.

He's not good enough for where we want to be, but he's ok for now. He works hard but he's not a goalscorer. The one caveat to his form I'd give is that he's played 10 games on the trot and is hardly ever subbed. Top drawer strikers are few and far between. Wilson has the ability but he's injury prone. We need to upgrade this summer. Having just watched Palace vs Everton I'd rather have Wood in the side than Richarlison any day though .

You're probably right. Just to play devils advocate. I would say a lot of the people who are "sympathetic" towards Wood were the ones jumping all over Joelinton.

To be honest I was one of Joelintons biggest critics - mainly because I seen a player in there. I don't see a player in Chris wood.

Brilliant pragmatic buy if he helps keep us up (which seems likely) and perhaps an even more brilliant buy in the unlikely event we are relegated. I expect both him and Wilson to be moved on in the summer if we stay in this league.

I find it hard to believe that his international manager is amazed that he turned up, especially given that he’s the fucker who picked him and told him to turn up.

Additionally, do people think this hasn’t been discussed and signed off by the club in any event?

No point getting your knickers in a twist over nowt.
The coach did actually say so. He sat next to CW and made the comment. I'm divided on this. I don't think we needed him against Fiji. But yeah.

Last edited: