Chris Wood | Vital Football

Chris Wood

I’m sure most players would join their international squads, as they have done over the years. Almiron is also away apparently, although he’s absolutely shit so isn’t missed.

My initial thoughts on this, I suspect, are with Rza.

Wood is a shoo in for NZ. He’s just about first name in the squad. In that respect there is no need to join up with NZ. Even their National coach is amazed. He’s hitched a free lift in a private just and buggered off to join up with a squad to play 2 meaningless friendlies. You’d think team bonding with Newcastle would be more of a priority. He’s just signed for a big price tag (a fee way, way above his true market value) and his 2 performances for us have been lukewarm (and that’s putting it kindly).

Isn’t Almiron involved in competitive game(s) as opposed to meaningless kickabouts?

Reactions: Rza
My initial thoughts on this, I suspect, are with Rza.

Wood is a shoo in for NZ. He’s just about first name in the squad. In that respect there is no need to join up with NZ. Even their National coach is amazed. He’s hitched a free lift in a private just and buggered off to join up with a squad to play 2 meaningless friendlies. You’d think team bonding with Newcastle would be more of a priority. He’s just signed for a big price tag (a fee way, way above his true market value) and his 2 performances for us have been lukewarm (and that’s putting it kindly).

Isn’t Almiron involved in competitive game(s) as opposed to meaningless kickabouts?

Exactly this. You have to question his commitment. Let's be honest he couldn't wait to jump ship on Burnley either. He's got his big pay day and probably thinks he's set now so can do what he wants. Also he's a new player you'd think he'd want to get to know his new team mates.

Or maybe he just wants to play for his country instead of a meaningless friendly in the desert? Pretty sure Shearer would have done the same along with many more.

Or maybe he just wants to play for his country instead of a meaningless friendly in the desert? Pretty sure Shearer would have done the same along with many more.

Choosing a meaningless international over a relegation battle? I very much doubt it. I'm not a big fan of shearers ego but he proved many times over the years were his allegiances lie. He chose us over man utd and retired early from England duty to prolong his career with us.

Each to their own CTM but not with you on this occasion.

As I say, even his National coach is stunned.

OK Shearer is just an example, but for what it's worth a quick google showed he turned out for 33 England friendlies right up to 2000.

I find it hard to believe that his international manager is amazed that he turned up, especially given that he’s the fucker who picked him and told him to turn up.

Additionally, do people think this hasn’t been discussed and signed off by the club in any event?

No point getting your knickers in a twist over nowt.

Don't think anyone is getting their knickers in a twist it's just good to know who's committed in a relegation battle. I mean let's be honest wood is obviously thinking of himself, even with regards to NZ. What does he envisage? A world cup LOL. Clearly got their poxy goal scoring record in mind if he hasn't already broke it.

OK Shearer is just an example, but for what it's worth a quick google showed he turned out for 33 England friendlies right up to 2000.
I think it more the timing and circumstances more than actually playing a friendly. Don't think anyone would begrudge that in normal circumstances

I think it more the timing and circumstances more than actually playing a friendly. Don't think anyone would begrudge that in normal circumstances
Fair point mate, don't have a problem with it myself. Might have done more harm telling the lad not to go you know? I might feel differently if he gets injured mind.

Reactions: Rza
I see we won the friendly in the desert 2-1 with goals from ASM and Fraser but Clark kept up his excellent form.....he was sent off! Consistent that lad mind.

I see we won the friendly in the desert 2-1 with goals from ASM and Fraser but Clark kept up his excellent form.....he was sent off! Consistent that lad mind.

He's a muppet , it's a friendly ffs, on us to make a good impression as guests of our new owners and he gets a red card. Don't know if he's got something going on his personal life but he's proven to be completely unreliable.

So with the benefit of hindsight does anyone think Chris wood would have benefited from this excursion or is he just dog💩