Chris Sutton | Vital Football

Chris Sutton

How was that plonker ever our manager? The man is an idiot. I just cannot bear to watch or listen to him. Just tries to be outspoken for the hell of it.

Not as much of a plonker as the person issuing death threats. What is wrong with people for goodness sake! Anyone who can even think of sending someone a death threat has got got to be a brain dead moron making no meaningful contribution to the planet whatsoever! :rolleyes:

Not as much of a plonker as the person issuing death threats. What is wrong with people for goodness sake! Anyone who can even think of sending someone a death threat has got got to be a brain dead moron making no meaningful contribution to the planet whatsoever! :rolleyes:

Quite.

How was that plonker ever our manager? The man is an idiot. I just cannot bear to watch or listen to him. Just tries to be outspoken for the hell of it.

I quite like him as a pundit, but as a football manager he left something to be desired. But, when asked about his time at Sincil Bank he is self-deprecating about it.

As NottyImp knows all too well, my bitter hatred of Chris Sutton was only really cured (or at least reduced), by the arrival and consequent exploits of the Cowleys. Still find it hard to forgive and forget what an appalling job he did here, hence why I also find it hard to see him dishing out the type of lacerating criticism he reserves for PL managers on the verge of the sack.

All that said, sending out death threats because of something he said about Rangers is absolutely crackers and completely unacceptable. Hope they catch whoever is responsible and that he is forced to watch some of the home games from Sutton's final days (a match against Stevenage stands out as being particularly awful) on looped repeat as part of his punishment.

Maybe not such a good idea that in fairness... he might go through with his 'threats' after that treatment...!

Why he feels the need to publicise the fact he received death threats?

I mean I know it is wrong. But the only people who need to know are the Police, Himself and the muppet who sent it

I quite like him as a pundit, but as a football manager he left something to be desired. But, when asked about his time at Sincil Bank he is self-deprecating about it.

Ever since he was declared bankrupt in 2014 he has gone out of his way to make himself into a controversial media pundit and made a good living out of it, he frequently gets stick from his fellow pundits on Five Live who feel he talks off the cuff and does not do his homework. Hated his time at LCFC but as a pundit he cannot be accused of being bland !! UTI.

Really really can't stand him as a pundit.
He deliberately talks utter crap just to get noticed & gain more airtime.
And he loves trying to get managers sacked (all of whom know far far more about managing a football club than he ever will).
I now turn off radio or tv if he is on.
A prime example of archmuppetness.

He just argues with everything, can't take a joke and regularly misinterprets other pundits. Either the man has a serious self-esteem issue, or he's wilfully obstinate. Also, he doesn't seem to have a clue about football.

Still, no reason for death threats.