Chris Hughton - Profile | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chris Hughton - Profile

Thats decent turnaround, Laithwaites used to be a couple of days minimum.
I never drink wine fast enough to be worried about the delivery time. I don't get much help from Mrs ITTO. Wine club / [Laithwaites / Times / Virgin] >>>>>> Naked Wines (not sure I ever had a bottle I liked from them and they're very needy when you leave).

Luckily for me, Mrs ITTO takes care of online shopping but an unfortunate slip of the finger (insert joke here) has caused the surprise delivery of a 2.25 litre box, box ffs, of pinot grigio. Gonna be a bit of a sesh - wish me luck.

The video of him explaining tactics for the Brighton win over Utd is also interesting.

He explains himself very well. Just hope that our lads are able to keep up.

Some of those tactics seem transferable from the squad SL left, but suspect we will need a bit more forward movement at times from our full backs to have more bodies forward and create more chances.

Also, I think for certain games that will not be conducive to a counter attacking strategy, he will need to have a different plan and focus less on the opposition.

He explains himself very well. Just hope that our lads are able to keep up.

Some of those tactics seem transferable from the squad SL left, but suspect we will need a bit more forward movement at times from our full backs to have more bodies forward and create more chances.

Also, I think for certain games that will not be conducive to a counter attacking strategy, he will need to have a different plan and focus less on the opposition.
he doesnt actually seem to like wing backs, he wants them defending and giving it midfielders.
Ive listened to a dozen of his interviews the last couple of days and impresses more than any of our managers the last decade or two.

I watched the clips of his first training session and I liked that he had them focusing on pushing the ball in front when receiving, (getting on the front foot) looking for a quick pass, and pressing. Always good fundamentals and the three things I always look to instill in players that I have coached.

I like the way he thinks about the game too.

I feel pretty confident that we have made the right choice this time.

I never drink wine fast enough to be worried about the delivery time. I don't get much help from Mrs ITTO. Wine club / [Laithwaites / Times / Virgin] >>>>>> Naked Wines (not sure I ever had a bottle I liked from them and they're very needy when you leave).

Luckily for me, Mrs ITTO takes care of online shopping but an unfortunate slip of the finger (insert joke here) has caused the surprise delivery of a 2.25 litre box, box ffs, of pinot grigio. Gonna be a bit of a sesh - wish me luck.

I'm with Naked wines; the wines I have purchased through them have been, on the whole, tremendous.

I started off with a mixed case which had a good few duff wines but also a couple of very good ones.

I also go along to their tastings when they are in the area which are great for sorting the good from bad; you also get to meet the people who make the wine; tell them what you like and they point you in the right direction - definitely no hard sell either.

I buy mainly Reds from them and have been very pleased.

I get my White wines from source in France; the Company I am doing work for are smack bang in the middle of the Loire - I am getting great Sancerre, Poilly Fume and Muscadet at less than Aldi prices.

I am building up a very nice collection at the moment.

I'm with Naked wines; the wines I have purchased through them have been, on the whole, tremendous.

I started off with a mixed case which had a good few duff wines but also a couple of very good ones.

I also go along to their tastings when they are in the area which are great for sorting the good from bad; you also get to meet the people who make the wine; tell them what you like and they point you in the right direction - definitely no hard sell either.

I get my White wines from source in France; the Company I am doing work for are smack bang in the middle of the Loire - I am getting great Sancerre, Poilly Fume and Muscadet at less than Aldi prices.

Glad you've found some good stuff.
I might have been a bit overly harsh on Naked, I'm sure I enjoyed a few from my mixed cases but I have definitely had a better hit rate with the others. Also it was 8 or 9 years ago that I was with them.

Until a better offer came in at the last minute, I was on the verge of accepting a job in Tours on the Loire. I likes me a bit of Sancerre, Pouilly-fumé and also Touraine. Not too far to travel for all the claret too. Mmm.

Ill text you my bluelight code for 20% discount at Tonys

he doesnt actually seem to like wing backs, he wants them defending and giving it midfielders.
Ive listened to a dozen of his interviews the last couple of days and impresses more than any of our managers the last decade or two.

Do we currently have the right full set of midfielders for this though?

Not so fussed about Hefele and Bong but I still think there’s a player in Clough if he can be arsed.

I was thinking that as well - hopefully Clough sees it as a fresh start and his last chance. Perversely - I think he is a better player in a footballing team rather than kick and rush like Rochdale/Bolton loans where he will just get swallowed up.
He has been given a chance - its up to him now.

Can't see bong getting a look in he's behind at least 2 others, hopefully he can he loaned out. Clough is an option if Freeman is injured but can he shake off years of rejection, if Houghton can get him playing might be useful.