Chorley v County - Thoughts and Videos | Vital Football

Chorley v County - Thoughts and Videos

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Tired legs and tired minds I suspect. Did not go and not spoken to my mate who goes to most away games but this is the feeling I get.

I reckon Jim is getting every last drop out of these players. I think the squad maybe punching a bit above its weight at the moment and it is because we have such a talented gaffer that we are so high in the table at the moment.

It may be telling that Jim Gannon has said a few times that the players that got us promotion need to be given a chance at this level. I think Jim has a pretty good idea of who will make it at this level and also at the level above, and who won't improve further.

So my feeling it this season will see the final season in a County shirt for perhaps half of the current squad, maybe more.

What do we read into this on-loan Piggott chap. Is he competing for the single striker spot held currently by Mulhearn/Bell ?

Is this the first sign of the re-build of the squad that will take us up into the Football league again? Or is it just A N Other body that will ease the strain over the short-term?

Whatever, I remain relaxed and still 'in Kim we trust'. My pre-season finishing place of 14th mya yet be proven too pessimistic. I hope so!

I have held my hands up to you Cropped at the end of Ian's report. As I have also said the fans seemed to be muted as well.

Hi LGC - I am more often wrong than right but if was the Fylde game - even though we won it and even though they are near the bottom - their players looked much better technically.

I just thought: Jim is getting everything out of these players. We all love them for getting out of the Conf. North but are they going to go much further? The club has to go much further of course... but Jim saying he wants to be fair to them and give them a chance.... he has said it a few times.

Give them a chance.

I think his take is we need to replace quite a number.

Then again, it could be me adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 !

I guess it is a case of "watch this space". JG took Piggott on Loan and is using Bell and Mulhearn, with him, as rotational lone strikers so he has a plan and seems to be assessing the situation.

Latest County News