Chopper Harris | Vital Football

Chopper Harris

nedkelly

Vital Squad Member
Terrific article in the Telegraph today denouncing the disgraceful fouls dished out and largely unpunished on city players. Well written by chief sports writer Paul Hayward

"Jason Puncheon's disgraceful chop tackle on Kevin De Bruyne is the type of act referees must stamp out"

For those of you with a bit of age does it remind you of Chopper Harris in his heyday in the early to mid 70s?

Actually that is a very good description. Puncheon was clearly aiming to take out De Bruyne and prevent a counter attack by any means and I remain incensed by not only his foul but by Jon Moss's pathetic response.

It seems it is now open season on City players courtesy of several sources - more on this in my up coming Watford Preview :019:

My first thought was it reminded me of watching Juventus at Maine Road in 1976, and subsequently Italy at Wembley on live tv in the World Cup tie a year later.

They could play as well though!

Kompany did a not dissimilar foul on Vardy recently when the Leicester striker would have been through on goal. The only difference was that VK4's 'challenge' wasn't as dangerous as Puncheons. PG is right in that players need more protection from these types of foul - the recent one's by Kane and Alli of Spurs on Sterling and Dungogan really nasty examples of two players unable to get their own way resorting to dangerous play.

Kompany’s was dissimilar for me, blatant trip but in control of what he was doing, Puncheon's is a reckless lunge with one foot at knee height, disgraceful challenge.

Alli's one was on DeBruyne too, not Gundogan, the one on Gundogan was from Newcastle's Jacob Murphy.

I have no sympathy for either Dann or Puncheon or, for that matter, Palace. It was Dann that took out Agüero at knee height in Sept 2015 leaving him injured for several weeks

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-striker-sergio-aguero-injured-against-crystal-palace-after-scott-danns-knee-high-10498070.html

Dann’s challenge wasn’t the worst but if it is karma for what happened before then so be it.

Puncheon’s was just awful as the pics I posted in another thread show. Whilst Palace’s efforts to give it a go we’re fine but they have to stay within the laws of the game. Townsend fouled Jesus and that also resulted in injury. He came right through the back of his right calf which caused him to lose his footing and his balance and as he slipped it caused the strain on his knee ligaments. I couldn’t believe the commentators saying it wasn’t even a foul. Maureen’s words having their impact I suspect.

So whilst Roy may have revived Palace, if they want to play that kind of agricultural football then they can **ck off and do it in the Championship.

Bluedub - 1/1/2018 21:15

Kompany’s was dissimilar for me, blatant trip but in control of what he was doing, Puncheon's is a reckless lunge with one foot at knee height, disgraceful challenge.

Alli's one was on DeBruyne too, not Gundogan, the one on Gundogan was from Newcastle's Jacob Murphy.

Weren't there two reckless challenges in the Spurs game - as well as Alli on Red Kev there was Kane's attempt to hospitalise Sterling.

And I think i heard earlier that Puncheon is out for the season.

Did anyone else see that Puncheon is due in court on the 5th for general unpleasantness towards the public. Forget the charges but they weren't particularly nice.

kennyclementstache - 2/1/2018 18:22

Bluedub - 1/1/2018 21:15

Weren't there two reckless challenges in the Spurs game - as well as Alli on Red Kev there was Kane's attempt to hospitalise Sterling.

Yep, I'm willing to give the Kane the benefit of the doubt on that one, should've been red but more stupidity than malice imo.

In response to your other post, Puncheon was charged with assault and possession of an offensive weapon.

No FA charge for Zaha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5226143/Wilfried-Zaha-avoids-diving-ban-penalty-incident.html

What was the actual offence Sterling committed, I've looked at it numerous times, no tangle of legs, no grappling as far as I can make out, no obvious push, what exactly did Moss see?

Couldn't give a flying one whether he's banned or not but I'd love to hear Moss explain why he gave the penalty.

It can only have been obstruction - the offence that is, I am not saying Sterling did obstruct the grinning twat.

There was a wee bit of grappling outside the box as the grinning twat twisted away from Sterling, but as the entered the box the grinning twat chose to throw himself down as soon as he felt the slightest contact from Sterling’s hip. It was not enough to cause him to lose his balance. That was a conscious and deliberate decision.

However had Sterling gone over in identical circumstances I am pretty sure that a free kick would have been awarded to the opposition and Sterling would have been booked.

Liverpool's Flanagan,.the lady kicker.,This is the local hero that told a delighted BBC ,that his physical assaults that put Sterling on the injured list was done to please the Liverpool fans ...There class!!!.

wwilson5 - 3/1/2018 12:46

Liverpool's Flanagan,.the lady kicker.,This is the local hero that told a delighted BBC ,that his physical assaults that put Sterling on the injured list was done to please the Liverpool fans ...There class!!!.

Well said, WW.
:001:

Bluedub - 2/1/2018 18:40

What was the actual offence Sterling committed, I've looked at it numerous times, no tangle of legs, no grappling as far as I can make out, no obvious push, what exactly did Moss see?

Couldn't give a flying one whether he's banned or not but I'd love to hear Moss explain why he gave the penalty.

I think it was in the Mail yesterday (but I saw it on Twitter) where Parish, the Palace chairman, showed a screenshot from Sky's match action of Sterling holding Zaha's wrist as he's going down :048:

Colin Is The King - 3/1/2018 13:24

I think it was in the Mail yesterday (but I saw it on Twitter) where Parish, the Palace chairman, showed a screenshot from Sky's match action of Sterling holding Zaha's wrist as he's going down :048:

Cheers, I'll check it out. :026:

Colin Is The King - 3/1/2018 13:24

Perhaps Sterling was trying to help the 'grinning twat' to stay on his feet?

The only image I can find is this CITK

https://twitter.com/godders_spg/status/948280383652749312

Not very clear at all, who's holding who's wrist?