Chicharito? | Vital Football

Chicharito?

USAFSPURS

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Supposedly he wants out of West Ham...go figure with Moyes at the helm...and well it is West Ham.

Could he be the answer to our revolving door of back up strikers for Kane?

I honestly think he could revive his career at Spurs. He is a different type of striker than Kane, so we can change things when needed. He runs the channels well, and is a proven goal scorer. When we do play with two strikers up top, the Kane/Chicharito pairing could be interesting.

Thoughts?

I think I would be OK with adding Chicharito to the squad. I think he wants regular first team football, yet the chance of featuring in the champion's league must be tempting.

In general, I am for trying things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Trying Janssen was OK, even though it failed. Llorente has struggled. Is Chicharito better than Llorente? I don't know. But we should sign someone, at least to improve our options, the squad. I can't see any logic in failing to even attempt to sign anyone only to miss out on CL next season. Team that's current champions and above us in the standings have brought in 3 this month.

Nick Real Deal - 24/1/2018 18:21

No, not good enough . Got to get away from signing mediocre players. Youngsters with potential yes but not has beens.

He's hardly mediocre though, and if good enough means to be better than Kane, then I'd agree. It wouldn't be an ideal signing, but I'd be OK with it. Better than nothing which is what we'll end up with.

He knows where the back of the net is. I have always quite liked him. Not sure he would fit the philosophy though....

He needs it on a plate though. He's a true poacher and those have been the types of players that haven't fit in so well in recent years. Soldado was very similar to Hernandez.

I think Greavsie is right. Defoe would be a good option. His work/training ethic is unquestionable.

Hell at this point I will take either! I still say snap up Chicharito, take a chance

The frustrating thing is, Llorente may be in the process of "flopping", but in his defence our tactical approach has not changed to suit him. I understand Poch bought him to gives us a different type of option, but to make use of that difference there needs to be a change of approach. Spend more time in training getting our wide players to ping decent crosses in. Work on massively improving our set-piece delivery because it is THE most consistently awful part of our entire play.

Instead we have changed nothing and have expected him to BE no different to Kane. Llorente is never going to find his sharpness or confidence if we don't give him help.

Hernandez would more than likely struggle with the same issues because he is nothing like Kane. In my opinion, we already have the ideal cover for Kane in Sonny. He's proven he can score in Kane's absence and our players already know his game.