Chesterfield | Vital Football

Chesterfield

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Strange circumstances ahead of this meeting. Pools haven't played since the demolition of Wealdstone and the goalscoring hero of that match has gone back to his parent club, also with it being a late kickoff other results, being known, will impact on the need for a positive result.

Fully expect a disappointing outcome as Chesterfield take advantage of a ring rusty Pools desperate for a win to keep in touch with the leading pack!

To be honest I am not sure about today. Either Pools will be refreshed and full of energy after the break or they will be rusty as you say. Certainly one or two of them were in need of a bit of recuperation. Chesterfield are a more than useful side and will provide us with a good contest. All in all I think a draw is likely outcome but with Pools as always any result is entirely possible.

I missed judged, again!

Teams around us all got positive results today, I do believe that teams at the bottom of the table are just turning up so we're unlikely to get any assistance from them.

Delighted to be proved wrong again. Pools were a class above Chesterfield in the first half. In the second half we seemed content to contain the Spirites but I guess they couldn't maintain that high energy for 90 minutes. Excellent result from what on paper was a challenging fixture and I dont think many teams in the NL could have stopped Pools today. Now we need to follow this up with a win at Bromley after not much rest. Fingers crossed.

I missed judged, again!

Teams around us all got positive results today, I do believe that teams at the bottom of the table are just turning up so we're unlikely to get any assistance from them.
To be fair I think Eastleigh are pretty keen to make the play offs so would have tried their best at Torquay and Halifax are also in with a shout of the play offs so would have wanted to beat Stockport if at all possible. Our rivals just seem to find a way of winning. We have to keep matching them.

You may well be right Alf2, and perhaps Pools will find this out against Bromley, who also have the advantage (?) of not having played today, on Monday, as they are still in touch with the play-off places.
I think that the results on Monday and Tuesday will be significant in the race for the top 3 places - but who knows really?

Yep no doubt a rested and refreshed Bromley will be formidable opposition on their 4G pitch. We will have to be at our best to get a positive result.