Chesterfield | Vital Football

Chesterfield

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Was looking how badly they had started last night, now I see they’ve sacked their manager John Pemberton. Name seems familiar, was he someone linked as a possible manager of ours a while ago?

Was looking how badly they had started last night, now I see they’ve sacked their manager John Pemberton. Name seems familiar, was he someone linked as a possible manager of ours a while ago?
Think he was expected to take our job at the time. Maybe 7 to 10 years ago?

Pemberton was one of two likely appointees after Jackson was sacked , before Chris Sutton peered his ugly head over the wall waving a cheque ( allegedly )

The least inspiring shortlist I can remember. Tommo would have been on it, Pemberton and John Carver (Newcastle assistant boss). It wasn't a surprise when Sutton came along and they were tempted to appoint him.

Pemberton was meant to have a rep of playing decent football etc within the Forest setup I think? I think he conjured positive images of the best part of the Schofield era... judging by how it went at Kiddy and now Chesterfield, might not have been any better with him than it was with the lot we got

I drive past the new Chesterfield Stadium regularly (still haven't been yet) and it doesn't seem so long ago when they were top end of the 3rd Tier and Imps bottom end of the 5th .... how times change.