chesterfield, and all that new ground = non-football related income | Page 3 | Vital Football

chesterfield, and all that new ground = non-football related income

Yes, Sincil Bank as it currently stands does have limitations, but bye and large it is fit for purpose. Those limitations including those of capacity could be addressed.

One is going to go blue in the face waiting for a ground move to the Western Growth Corridor, all or some of the infrastructure will need to be funded and put in place first, this includes gas, electricity and drainage networks, sub-stations, pumping stations et al and the little matter of a river and rail crossing. All that is in the public domain at the moment is an outline masterplan and a few architect renders, I venture a ground move to this location is a significant way off. Off course there maybe other locations that will allow something to be developed quicker.

As to none football revenue to my mind the the ‘real’ success to this is an uncontrollable for the club as a good event venue is dependant on geography within the Country. As nice a City as Lincoln is, its not a place one passes on the way to any where else. Event organisers look for central locations that are as equidistant centres of populations as possible, furthermore there is fierce competition for this market and it would require a highly skilled events team to promote and manage such a venue. Yes, there will be a local market, however, I don’t see it as the panacea and wouldn't get too carried away that it is a venture lined with gold.

Last edited:
I think you're right, EB. We probably have to have a medium-term plan for SB because - and it's not often I get to say this! - promotion is significantly more likely than a new ground in the immediate future.

Basically, we need to do what we can as cheaply as we can to improve SB and then, once that is done, worry about the ground-move.