Cheltenham | Vital Football

Cheltenham

Believe Kyle Joseph is on loan there now that lad knows where the back of the net is.

Just beat me to it, was about to post:

Cheltenham town next up, they've had a decent start to the season and have beaten Oxford (home) and Charlton (away) in their last 2 league games and I think, like us, they have scored in every league game this season so far so clearly a threat.
Wonder if Kyle Joseph will feature and wonder what sort of reception he'll get.

He won't get a cheer or clap from me, just a shrug. He should still be a Latics player, but got greedy and it's bitten him on the arse. I certainly don't mind players going to further their career, but his move to the reserves of a Championship club was clearly money related when considering the interest he apparently had. Yes he was probably badly advised but he's 20 years old and should have known better. Would he have been a regular starter here? Who knows, but he'd have played a big part this season I have no doubt as he's a great young player.

Anyway, him and his strike partner Alfie May won't stop running and will prove a handful for our CBs to deal with. You'd imagine with Michael Duff in charge they'll be well set up defensively and won't be easy to break down either. Same team as last weekend and let's hope for an early goal to open things up again.

He won't get a cheer or clap from me, just a shrug. He should still be a Latics player, but got greedy and it's bitten him on the arse. I certainly don't mind players going to further their career, but his move to the reserves of a Championship club was clearly money related when considering the interest he apparently had. Yes he was probably badly advised but he's 20 years old and should have known better. Would he have been a regular starter here? Who knows, but he'd have played a big part this season I have no doubt as he's a great young player.

Anyway, him and his strike partner Alfie May won't stop running and will prove a handful for our CBs to deal with. You'd imagine with Michael Duff in charge they'll be well set up defensively and won't be easy to break down either. Same team as last weekend and let's hope for an early goal to open things up again.

Same here just a shrug when he's announced. Kyle and Sean McGurk should really have stayed instead of chasing the money.
They'd both have been in and around the 1st team this season. Getting great experience for Latics benefit.

As for the game Saturday it'll be a test for our defenders against a team who's scored in every league game this season.
But i think we'll be to strong for them. A home win.

I am trying to remember the last ex player who got any stick from our fans and I'm struggling.

Should be a home win.

Fortune. Wildschut, McClean, Bogle, Johnston this season. No doubt they’ll be loads more over the past few years but those are the most recent ones I remember off the top of my head.

Bogle was hilarious, got booed by the East Stand but ended up scoring so obviously the first thing he did was run straight to our fans cupping his ear. Only problem was…the thick idiot was doing it to the West Stand :ROFLMAO:

Is Windarse fit for Sheff Wed yet? I’m sure he’ll get a big cheer and applause if he rocks up on Tuesday…

His fee covered the signings of a few of the new guys. No complaints from me.

Would've been nice for him to stay but it's his career and he'll do what he thinks is best for him, not what might be best for us.

I'll be heading down for this one. Potential to be a tough game but with the work rate Leam demands and the quality we have I think we will get the 3pts.

Hopefully Wyke gets back on scoresheet to boost his figures and build momentum.

A goal nice and early and we can dominate the game like last week. Just want us to take care of these games where we're clear favourites and keep ourselves at the top of the table.

Strike partner? What are those? Seem to remember them but it's all a bit hazy. Sounds like a plan. Wyke and Humphries could be that for us with Londonderrys finest out wide.

Seeing as Cheltenham have scored in every game so far I reckon we'll keep a clean sheet and have a reasonably comfortable 2-0 win.
:cool:

Shame I missed it as I didn't get out of work until 3.15,pm. I'll watch the highlights later on quest or on the WAFC memories Facebook page.

I don't agree, Cheltenham made us work very hard for the points. Very easy it was not, it was our extra quality that saw us through
I agree. Though we could and should have scored more (could have gone in 4 up at half time), even at 2-0 up, we were never totally in control of the game.

That said, they rarely threatened our goal (though Norton really should have done better when the ball hit his standing leg, unmarked, 8 yards out), while we always looked likely to add to our lead with every attack.

Comfortable (eventually), but not easy.

Naylor had his best game for us today, he has been pretty steady in all the games he has played but today was outstanding.

I agree LMB but it looked to me (I may be mistaken) that he picked up a knock mid way through second half but limped through to the end. Hope he's not done any damage as he would be a massive loss.

Why does Leam not use his subs more ? Massey 86, Edwards 92.