Cheltenham tickets - this isn't at all frustrating | Vital Football

Cheltenham tickets - this isn't at all frustrating

Sincilbanks

Vital Football Hero
After the debacle of me trying to buy a ticket for the Norhampton game with my Imps Membership #, which ended up being a cock up with some sort of administrative process of applying my membership number to the fixture...

I now find I can't get a Cheltenham ticket for exactly the same reason.. I mean what the actual f**k?

So now I have to go through the same old routine of tweeting #impstickets, @Liamscully and sending an email to the feedback email address. No doubt to be told I'm doing it wrong and having to prove all over again the problem is at their end..

I've paid £10 for the privilege of perhaps getting a ticket and the twice I've tried it's completely failed....

I'll quote from my post on the Northampton thread...
"The club have managed to set my expectations so low over the years with dealing this kind of customer issue that I fully expect nothing to happen until I prod Liam via twitter again and it really shouldn't need me to do that to be honest, Liam has far bigger fish to fry than this... "

via Imgflip Meme Generator

It's odd. I've never experienced any major issue with the MyImps code although sometimes it takes a couple of tries to recognise the code.

If you haven't then it may be worth trying to enter the membership code manually rather than copying and pasting.

It's odd. I've never experienced any major issue with the MyImps code although sometimes it takes a couple of tries to recognise the code.

If you haven't then it may be worth trying to enter the membership code manually rather than copying and pasting.

Been through all this last time, tried all of this...it's an issue with my membership number that they were supposed to have fixed after the last time they couldn't get right...

"Good afternoon,
I’m very sorry that you encountered problems with the Northampton tickets.
I have had a look and would appear that your access code failed to upload to the event.
Please be assured that this problem has been rectified and that you will not have the same issue if you try to purchase Port Vale tickets during the membership priority window."

Been through all this last time, tried all of this...it's an issue with my membership number that they were supposed to have fixed after the last time they couldn't get right...

"Good afternoon,
I’m very sorry that you encountered problems with the Northampton tickets.
I have had a look and would appear that your access code failed to upload to the event.
Please be assured that this problem has been rectified and that you will not have the same issue if you try to purchase Port Vale tickets during the membership priority window."

Ahh you see there is your problem it only says you won't have the same problem purchasing Port Vale tickets. Clearly you are going to be stuffed for any other match!

Seriously though it must be incredibly frustrating. You pay a fee and it continues to mess up. The club really need to start ironing these issues out otherwise people of lesser conviction will just drift away. I can't imagine you are the only one experiencing issues with MyImps membership.

Have to say they seem to have sorted most of the issues with Season Tickets but this needs addressing asap.

Not had any problems (yet) buying with MyImps code, used for a mix of home and away games. I did however manage to buy a ticket for County on the mobile app, without my specs and in bad lighting and therefore put the code in wrong. I only knew because I swapped it for a better seat later in the evening.

That coupled with Sincilbank's opposite experience suggests the system isn't (yet) very reliable.

I'm sure when it was launched one of the benefits was a priority window on home tickets, but that only seems to apply to away games. Still, discount on home tickets and 2nd priority window on away games makes it worthwhile so long as it works.

We have been offered 1,100 tickets and more are available if required.
Like last year, and confirmed by Cheltenham, you will be able to rock up and pay on the gate.

For games I have been to in the past (Plymouth and Lincoln), it has always been unallocated seating.

One year when Plymouth had sold 1,450 seats, my mate and I went in the main stand, along with 200 or so Plymouth fans. They were so friendly, made everyone very welcome. You will get in on the day.

Not the point I know but if it makes you feel any better it won’t sell out.

That's entirely fair enough, agreed it's not the same as Northampton where I wouldn't have had a ticket but for the additional tickets made available on the Wednesday and required Nicol to set me one aside. I'm sure I'll get one this time based on Liam's feedback...

What's obviously frustrating is that uploading the impsmembers list to the Eventbrite event is clearly a manual process each time and I have absolutely no faith that the original list with my number missing isn't going to be used in the future. I hope they sort it out but I'm not betting on having to go through the exact same process all over again next time I want a ticket...

I applied for a my Imps card and received two cards in the post a week or so apart same number mind. So 2 x £5 off in the club shop !

I applied for a my Imps card and received two cards in the post a week or so apart same number mind. So 2 x £5 off in the club shop !
I couldn't believe there was a voucher in with my My Imps card. I assume we all spend in the shop so it's really only a fiver for the card.
I've seen posts where people choose their seats. How? I get issued seats when I book tickets on Eventbright. I use a mobile phone and sometimes a tablet but never see an option to choose the seats, only the stands.

I couldn't believe there was a voucher in with my My Imps card. I assume we all spend in the shop so it's really only a fiver for the card.
I've seen posts where people choose their seats. How? I get issued seats when I book tickets on Eventbright. I use a mobile phone and sometimes a tablet but never see an option to choose the seats, only the stands.

You’ll need to log into eventbrite on a laptop/desk top
Once you’ve chosen the game and type of ticket you’ll get the chance to load up ‘pick my seat ‘
Takes a minute to load but gives you a view of all stands and all available seats

Once you’ve chosen the game and type of ticket you’ll get the chance to load up ‘pick my seat ‘
Takes a minute to load but gives you a view of all stands and all available seats
Many thanks. I have an old lap top, I'll give it a whirl. Cheers.

This is still my bugbear with Eventbrite - you can't choose your seat with an Android tablet or phone which is what I use, I don't have a computer, don't work in an office either. Android is such a mainstream platform, I don't understand why this is is not part of the deal the club have with Eventbrite. I understood it might be an oversight in the early days of implementing, but they should've sorted it by now. Rant over...

Fire up a laptop or PC for the choose a seat experience.

A minute? You have a slow computer/internet!

Fire up a laptop or PC for the choose a seat experience.
Thanks. I've got an old laptop but like GertLushImp says, it's 2018 now, you'd think the service would be available on Android devices. As an old guy, I'm amazed at just what they can do.

So to put this to bed finally and a bit of knowledge transfer

Apparently the membership number on my card is not the same as the membership number on my eventbrite membership email.

For "most people" those 2 are the same but not for everyone. Apparently if they are different the master one is on the card and not the email.

Mine was 2 out on checking..

I'm afraid it never occurred to me to think the 2 might be different and no-one thought to mention after the Northampton fiasco when I sent a video of me using the number from my email account.

But hey-ho, all sorted. Thanks to Nicol for contacting me again...

So to put this to bed finally and a bit of knowledge transfer

Apparently the membership number on my card is not the same as the membership number on my eventbrite membership email.

For "most people" those 2 are the same but not for everyone. Apparently if they are different the master one is on the card and not the email.

Mine was 2 out on checking..

I'm afraid it never occurred to me to think the 2 might be different and no-one thought to mention after the Northampton fiasco when I sent a video of me using the number from my email account.

But hey-ho, all sorted. Thanks to Nicol for contacting me again...

Why would some people have the numbers the same and some different? It makes no sense.

Why would some people have the numbers the same and some different? It makes no sense.

Apparently some people early in the process ordered multiples on one Eventbrite account. Hence the Eventbrite order # incremented by one and the membership order incremented by the amount ordered.. I suspect this must have been pretty early in the process before they caught it. I'm confident I must have been one of the first to order membership since mine was in only a couple of minutes after the announcement...