Chelsea | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chelsea

The last two teams to play us have gone top of the league

Handing them results without a fight is what pisses me off

Missed the gameas I was working. We must have played well I was expecting 4 or 5 nil. Only 2-0 Bruce will be ecstatic all that hard work in training (whatever it is he does) is starting to payoff. 28% possession is a massive improvement too well done lads.

1 shot hit the bar, i shot saved and 1 diverted into the side netting sums up out total attacking threat as the home side in 90 minutes.
Bruce is in denial, constantly excusing the approach saying he does not have the squad to attack which is nonsense. That attitude immediately hand the initiative to the opposition. Several pundits defend him but what has he ever done as a Manager, absolutely nothing but he is the perfect fool guy for Ashley. I sincerely expect us to get a few hammerings in the near future. We have one striker, Wilson, that sums up Bruce's approach.

We are so negative it should and could have been a lot more. I think we are in big trouble. Having said this it’s hardly surprising we lost to a team like Chelsea and the players they have. I hope to god that we don’t sit back against the teams similar to us, oh hang on Brighton beat us 3-0 and totally outplayed us. Not looking very hopeful.

Bruce's tactics are awful, but pretty much the same as Rafa's tbh. For me, like Saint Rafa he knows he has far inferior players so just sets them up to defend and hopes for a miracle. Like Spurs away. Ashley remains the problem.

Bruce's tactics are awful, but pretty much the same as Rafa's tbh. For me, like Saint Rafa he knows he has far inferior players so just sets them up to defend and hopes for a miracle. Like Spurs away. Ashley remains the problem.
Yes I agree Rafa was extremely defensive a lot of the time aswell. The problem is and always has been for years Ashley. The squad we have is full of average at best players. I am amazed we have 11 points on the board. Our only saving grace are that the bottom 4 clubs keep losing and are as bad as we are.

Bruce has better players than Benitez. Bruce has had more financial support than Benitez. Benitez was defensive but the side were able to perform to his defensive ambitions with a degree of effectiveness whilst Bruce simply hasn't a clue. There is no plan . Completely rudderless and he's starting to lose the dressing room . Ashley will have to act or risk relegation, this has all the elements of the McClaren season. Has Ashley learned from the mistakes of that season where he was too slow to remove McClaren ? Of course the takeover still rumbles on, if it goes through they'd be mad to let Bruce have any sort of chance.

Last edited: