Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg | Page 4 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg

I totally agree - I've already written off this cup as irrelevant.

Both domestic cups are a total nuisance. There should be one domestic cup that is played over a longer period of time, perhaps changing the format ever so slightly so there is an extra game or two. Long time gripe that one.

I really hope Poch gives more kids a chance in the FA Cup as well. Start the likes of Eyoma, Marsh, Skipp and Sterling.

I think we knew Sterling could at least be on the bench and he didn't play in tonight's U 23 fixture. But neither did Troy Parrott and I think he trained with the first team today. Whether he makes the bench or not it's pretty good sign he has been selected for fast tracking. He isn't even 17 yet and has been playing way beyond his years. He is potentially 3 years in front of Sterling .

Unless they are using one of Levy's old fax machines that never got anything over the line in a timely manner. Well, we tried. To dare is to do and not just try!

That would be one of those Alan Sugar emailer/fax phones he left for Daniel in the office. Never worked. I bought one for my Dad and every time it rang his emergency button he wore round his neck to the local hospital also went off. I will give him 'fired'.

If the health of our squad was better I would say they are NOT irrelevant an we should go for it. Heck even to get some of your young players quality playing time...is good, so at least use it for that.

But in our current situation with all the injuries and CL football not locked up yet for next season, and THIS should be the priority now. So play the youngsters and focus on healing up and securing CL ball for next season.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the team selection , tactics and the game. The result and whether we get to the final if I'm honest, I'm not too fussed. It would be nice to win a cup but it has little prestige and there is the small matter of beating Man City .

Do away goals count double in this competition, or would a 2-1 defeat lead us to penalties?

Oh and Poch...play Sterling...START Sterling!

Attacking line up, 4 at the back, strong MF, Llorente must deliver this time but can't see him getting as many crosses tonight.

It’s odd weve gone Llorente with no one round him with the pace to get beyond him.

Would have started him with Moura or moura and lamela if wanted lamela to play for closing down purpose and out ball.

The long ball killed them at Wembley