Chelsea v NUFC | Page 5 | Vital Football

Chelsea v NUFC

Despite the fkn awful decisions, thought Howe got his tactics spot on.
We're nearly there, think 2 wins will do it.
Hope fatboy puts a bid in for them obnoxious twats

Despite the fkn awful decisions, thought Howe got his tactics spot on.
We're nearly there, think 2 wins will do it.
Hope fatboy puts a bid in for them obnoxious twats
It was a team performance today I thought, an awful lot of plusses when the odds were against us. The coverage I thought seemed subdued, (crowd noise, commentators). Maybe it was my cynical side but the 'hacks of Fleet Street' still want their agenda answered.

What is strange for me is that the feeling of a result ruining your night is back.

None of this being over it in less than 5 minutes that the Ashley era did to us. Me piss is still boiling that we got nowt out of that, regardless of Chelsea's standing in world football.

Hopefully the players take any anger into the Everton match and take it out on them. We beat them and they're even more massively in the shit with a horror run in to come with us then being safe in my eyes.

I am still in shock at those two decisions, particularly the penalty. The officials are just so blatant about their clear bias. They don't even care what the media says.

I am still in shock at those two decisions, particularly the penalty. The officials are just so blatant about their clear bias. They don't even care what the media says.

Aye, for once we've a canny bit of coverage in our favour so things could change in the future on the back of the continued scrutiny.

I wonder if the officials want Chelsea to succeed on the pitch to increase the chance of a quick sale for the club? Would be rather difficult for the PL if they went bankrupt and couldn't complete their fixtures. Endless legal challenges I fear.

Decent performance, poor refereeing and VAR. apparently shirt pulling and playing the man not the ball is legal now in the eyes of the officials. They are cowards, they should have stamped on it ages ago, now it happens every match.
Thought Dubravka could have come for the ball and cut it out on the goal, as Burn was struggling to get back, instead of just standing there, may be too critical but it was put in from about 7 or 8 yards.

Imagine if those decisions were against us, I think we all know the outcome would have been different. I hope it doesn’t put a dent in our confidence.

Imagine if those decisions were against us, I think we all know the outcome would have been different. I hope it doesn’t put a dent in our confidence.
This is a completely different NUFC now so it's a resounding no chance from me.

Howe's recent interviews have shown he was a little worried about complacency before the Chelsea game, so from that perspective yesterday was not a bad defeat as he will undoubtedly use the current sense of injustice to motivate the players even more if that is possible as they have been magnificent of late, that includes the likes of cheese slice and Murphy who tend to get quite a bit of stick.

Hayden being investigated by the FA for calling out the clear corruption. Something which a senior figure from the club also called out to me last night. Additionally, as a side note, don’t worry about these supposed 10 year plans. These fuckers want the league asap apparently.

I wonder if the officials want Chelsea to succeed on the pitch to increase the chance of a quick sale for the club? Would be rather difficult for the PL if they went bankrupt and couldn't complete their fixtures. Endless legal challenges I fear.

Are you mad?

You can really see in recent weeks that the time Howe spent studying Atletico Madrid, including going over and doing some sessions with them, has made him refine his approach somewhat since Bournemouth. For example, when a Newcastle United attack breaks down and Chelsea look to break watch how many times one of our players fouls a Chelsea defender before their move properly get going. Wood, Murphy and Guimares have all done this several times. I don't doubt Trippier's also helped bring the darker arts message across. We also now use the going down with an injury to disrupt play tactic that's generally crept into the Premier League in the last couple of years. You rotate who does it and you can really chew the clock to borrow a term from NFL. Again it's a tactic right out of the Simeone play book.
Just watched the Man U match keggy, didn't have a clue what you were on about before but I do now.

Paul Scholes called it a masterclass from Atletico and their manager, fair enough but footballers performing like conmen is not for me.

Anyone know what the rules are regarding appealing those decisions? Obviously we won't get anything out of it but I'd be happy if havertz and the referee/var operator was banned

Anyone remember the good old days of retrospective red cards. Now they don't even raise an eyebrow