Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm

Final moments not gone our way, but by far the best performance without you know who in my recent memory. Maybe we are becoming an actual team? Whats even more exicitng is that we have a killer bench now, woth two starters still to come in. Watch us capitulate in the second half now I've said that.

Won’t even give us credit at half-time that twat of a commenter, it was the Mendy show and if he wasn’t there Silva was…top class ******

Encouraged overall. Absolutely useless in midfield for their goal and feared the worst but we’ve been pretty good since. Very pleased to have Watkins back. Not been so impressed with Ings so far but if he hadn’t fluffed that through ball to Ollie would probably be saying what a great pairing they are .

SJM, as much as I think he’s great, woeful passing ability at times. Why he is allowed to take free kicks I don’t know

With this formation, where do you see Bailey and Traore fitting in? If its still one down after 69 minutes, Deano will pull either Ramsey or Ollie.

Well considering sky gave us no chance before kick off, I am fairly happy with that first half, overall I think we were the better team hopefully we can kick on in the second half

Really good performance that. The difference came from one of the best strikers in the world plays for them. If we can do the same second half then we might get something.

Whatever happens I'm optimistic about this team. We've had a gruelling month or so with injuries, covid, international break nonsense, more injuries and players leaving but when we've everyone fit and ready we will be just fine.

Of course ignore that if we concede a couple second half in which case all the players are useless and Smith needs booting out.

Damn. Needed to score

What a good half from us.

As i said I think Tuchel will sort this.

The difference being the quality of striker . Simples.

I think we have a quality striker but typical Villa we are turning him into a work horse rather than creating chances for him. We could have Haaland up front and we'd do the same.