Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm | Page 45 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm

Just a point of interest from yesterday that stand we were in is all set to go for a safe standing area, take the seats out its good to go.

Me, I hate losing; ruins the days until the next match. We couldn't even use the excuse of "what do you expect, it was Chelsea after all", because we were too good for that.

But it's time to move on. I'm a fan of Mings in spite of the error, and I think he'll put it behind him; he's a big player for us. I'm confident now we have the players for a good season.

However, we face two massive questions. What is our best formation? Is it 3-5-2? And how does DS use the players he's got to best advantage. I think it will take time to answer those and the ride might be a bit bumpy. Stick with it.
:utv:

Whenever Mings has dropped a major ricket he normally follows up with a barnstormer performance. Let's hope Saturday is the same.

Me, I hate losing; ruins the days until the next match. We couldn't even use the excuse of "what do you expect, it was Chelsea after all", because we were too good for that.

But it's time to move on. I'm a fan of Mings in spite of the error, and I think he'll put it behind him; he's a big player for us. I'm confident now we have the players for a good season.

However, we face two massive questions. What is our best formation? Is it 3-5-2? And how does DS use the players he's got to best advan tage. I think it will take time to answer those and the ride might be a bit bumpy. Stick with it.
:utv:
I think our best formation can now actually change depending on who we're playing, who's available and how the game is going. I can't remember last time we had an actual squad.

I do think the flatter three in midfield is much much better than the two behind a no.10, but of course that could change depending on the opposition. Question is would Buendia be comfortable in that midfield three.

Really not happy with the result but I think the performance fills the air with possibility.

Now we have that squad depth and interchangeable formation options let's see how good Smudger is at utilising it. I think he got it right Saturday we had to have a go at an understrength Chelsea team unfortunately he was let down by poor defending and non clinical finishing.
Careful Silhil that's bordering on being optimistic 😁:throw:

Getting well ahead of yourself there in my humble. Silence the doubters?. C'mon that's stupid.
The doubters aren't doubters at all just people who won't give into the usual play the kids hype about the next off our production line and wait to see what he is like on the pitch before judging. He has a long long way to go to 'silence' anyone.

If you actually read people's posts they (including me ) were full of praise after Newcastle and talking bench mark performance which he improved upon yesterday infact.
Excellent.
But before these two performances he has been no more than low end solid.

Honestly this place at times. Unless you go happy clapping about kids and new signings and you wait until you see them on the pitch and look for a string of consistent performances you are negative or a doubter. Jeez.
Yep, balanced and fair. Ramsey and the other kids are at the start of their careers and are neither woeful nor world class. They all have the potential to make a good career at this level but nothing more than potential at this stage. Totally agree that this was Ramsey's best performance for us - but not show stopping.