Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm | Page 37 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Aston Villa Match Thread - 11/9 - 5.30pm

I think we have just lost to the PL winners. They have all the hallmarks

Funny one, in that I don’t think Chelski will win the league - just runners up. Yet their second XI could finish top 6 probably fairly comfortably.

Ridiculous depth of squad, surely players like Pulisic should be tempted outside of London Zone 2 (?) or whatever Stamford bridge is in, to play regular football at the top level and make the league interesting again.

After the nonsense that was the September international break <del datetime="2021-09-11T14:26:24+00:00">fiasco</del> that leaves many Aston Villa fans feeling cheated as we tried to do the right thing by Emi Martinez and Emi Buendia only to see international associations crumble, well, it's fair to say it hasn't been the best preparation for today's late evening clash with Chelsea.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...mpressive-villa-shoot-themselves-match-stats/

Can’t beat a plucky loser against the big boys though.

Pat on the head time .

Sigh.
Fuck that, plucky losers my arse,we need to start showing the winning mentality that top clubs have, yes the goals were poor to concede but from what I saw we more than held our own against a team that is amongst the favourites for the title. We need to believe we belong amongst the elite or we're just making up the numbers

Mings has usually come back roaring after making a howler so hopefully that happens again.

Our starting team didn't look like a compromise and we had Bailey and Traore to bring on plus Buendia and Martinez on holiday.

A promising 3-0 defeat? Yeah, kind of actually.

I feel that we've been hit with 3 sucker punches rather than being well beaten. After the second they took more of a command of the game but I suppose that's to be expected.

I agree with sirdennis that calling us plucky losers suggests we sat back and defended to the death. For a large part of this game we outplayed the European champions. The difference being the 100m striker they've got up top.

I'm pissed off but still hopeful of this season. We're definitely a better team without Grealish than we were last season but definitely not a better team than we would be with Grealish.

Unfortunately that 100m player we've lost has set us back at least a year. I reckon we'll be around mid table but not near the scrap at the bottom, at least when everyone's available anyway. A transitional season isn't particularly exciting but I think its what we've got unfortunately.

Still if we play like we did for most of that game we will cause a lot of teams in this league problems. Onto next week, can't wait to be back at Villa Park again. UTV