Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

The BBC never fail to get a dig in with the sports update at the end of the late evening news declaring “City ended Chelsea’s unbeaten run in the Premier League this season dominating the early kick off at Stamford Bridge despite only winning one nil”.

The definition of ‘damning with faint praise’ if you ask me. The inclusion of the ‘despite’ in that sentence is redundant.

I can understand why MoTD started with the Brentford v LiverpoolTMfailed …..but i am puzzled as to why they followed this with the JoMU game rather than the European Champions vs the PL Champions.

Full match replay takeaway....
The workrate and pressing from everyone was immense. They hunted in packs and were relentless. Outstanding :clap:
Grealish continues to fit in well and has resisted the temptation to over-elaborate. Love the way he is playing with a smile on his face.
Bernardo was everywhere - SO pleased he wasn't sacrificed on the alter of 'Arry 'Dodgy Ankles' Kane. Epitomised by his sliding block on the halfway line and then moments later recovering to make a defensive headed clearance in between Dias and Laporte in our penalty area (53rd-54th minute). :bow:
In a game of fine margins Pep got it right yesterday - Tuchel didn't. The three defensive midfielders proved too conservative perhaps.
A complete team performance. :tophat:

Last edited:
The BBC never fail to get a dig in with the sports update at the end of the late evening news declaring “City ended Chelsea’s unbeaten run in the Premier League this season dominating the early kick off at Stamford Bridge despite only winning one nil”.

The definition of ‘damning with faint praise’ if you ask me. The inclusion of the ‘despite’ in that sentence is redundant.

I can understand why MoTD started with the Brentford v LiverpoolTMfailed …..but i am puzzled as to why they followed this with the JoMU game rather than the European Champions vs the PL Champions.

more fans would watch the second game, they love to either see JoMU win but more people like to see them lose, besides Prince William would have had a word with Gary about the running order.

…and I will point to only one comment from their match report (as at 2.50pm)…

”Grealish wears his £100m price tag lightly, playing with freedom and a smile on his face.”​

Zero mention of the £97.5m striker for the other side - who failed to breach the City defence or have an attempt on target.

He was anonymous, what do you expect.