Chelsea 12 City 10
Cards
Chelsea 3 Y City 2 Y (Laporte, Dias)
On Target
Chelsea 0 City 4
Woodwork
Chelsea 0 City 0
Off Target
Chelsea 5 City 11 (PL site has 5 Chelsea shots, City 15 - City OS Chelsea 1 shot City 5)

Attendance: 40,036 - from Chelsea OS, now confirmed by PL-BBC (27th).

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/09/25/match-report--chelsea-vs-man-city

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/66394

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2021/chelsea-v-manchester-city

Jesus reaction.... speaking on BT Sport
"We prepared the game to play well like we always try. We came to play against one of the best teams, they’re European champions, they have a lot of amazing players, so we knew it would be difficult coming here at their home. We played very well and won the game."

"I play like a striker. I can never turn properly with the way they play but I turned good and I took the shot. A little lucky but I’m very happy to score the goal and most important is that everyone played so good and we won the game."

221 - Pep Guardiola registered his 221st victory in all competitions as Manchester City manager; a new club-record for most wins by a manager, moving ahead of Les McDowall (220 wins). Generational.

Optajoe@optajoe

Outstanding result. Chelsea without a single effort on target and 40% possession at home. I hope this gets the praise it deserves and a great confidence booster for the challenges ahead.

Jesus reaction.... speaking on BT Sport
"We prepared the game to play well like we always try. We came to play against one of the best teams, they’re European champions, they have a lot of amazing players, so we knew it would be difficult coming here at their home. We played very well and won the game."

"I play like a striker. I can never turn properly with the way they play but I turned good and I took the shot. A little lucky but I’m very happy to score the goal and most important is that everyone played so good and we won the game."

A little bit more here.

14:38
'We played very well'
FT: Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Manchester City goalscorer Gabriel Jesus, speaking to BT Sport: "We prepared to play well. We came to play against one of the best teams in Europe. They play so good and have a lot of amazing players. We knew it was going to be difficult for us. We played very well and won the game.

"Sometimes we don’t play well, but if we suffer a little bit we can attack. We have a lot of top players to create chances and try to score goals. That’s what I think we are."

On his second-half goal: "I turned well and I was able to shoot. I was a bit lucky but I’m very happy to score that goal. The most important thing is that everyone played so well."

Another point, we had 13 corners and never looked like a strike from any, just not good enough from our coaches

Buzz mentioned in the MDT that the BBC seem to think there was only one game with a 12.30pm kick off, and it wasn't us - looks that way so far on post match reaction.

14:45
'We made so many mistakes'

Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “We’re disappointed with the result. It was not our best performance. Especially in the first half it was hard to get out. We didn’t create chances and lost the ball too easily. After the goal we had a good reaction, but it was not enough to get something from the game.

“They were at their best level. We couldn’t keep the ball as we like to do. We made so many mistakes, ones that we normally don’t make. We tried to stay in the game. We lost the game after a short corner, which is disappointing.

“We are two great teams with great players and great ambition. Every game is different and every competition is different. We lost our chance to get three important points. Now we have to analyse what we didn’t do that well and move on to the next game. We didn’t lose the league today. If we’d have won we wouldn’t have won the league today either.”

pep-record-wide.jpg

Buzz mentioned in the MDT that the BBC seem to think there was only one game with a 12.30pm kick off, and it wasn't us - looks that way so far on post match reaction.

…and I will point to only one comment from their match report (as at 2.50pm)…

”Grealish wears his £100m price tag lightly, playing with freedom and a smile on his face.”​

Zero mention of the £97.5m striker for the other side - who failed to breach the City defence or have an attempt on target.

14:51
'I'm so proud'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport: “Today the guys were outstanding. At this stadium and against this opponent, to do what we have done makes me so proud.

“We came here and did our game. Sometimes you can’t do it because the opponent is better. We were encouraged to press high and they could not make the build-up.”

On Gabriel Jesus: “Gabriel always gives everything. You cannot say anything to him. Every single game he runs for his team-mates. Having these types of players makes me so happy."

On becoming City's most successful manager in terms of wins: “I’m so proud. We’ve done it at Stamford Bridge at the last Champions League winner. We’ve been magnificent together. It makes me proud, a little bit for myself but especially for the club.”

14:45
'We made so many mistakes'

Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “We’re disappointed with the result. It was not our best performance. Especially in the first half it was hard to get out. We didn’t create chances and lost the ball too easily. After the goal we had a good reaction, but it was not enough to get something from the game.

“They were at their best level. We couldn’t keep the ball as we like to do. We made so many mistakes, ones that we normally don’t make. We tried to stay in the game. We lost the game after a short corner, which is disappointing.

“We are two great teams with great players and great ambition. Every game is different and every competition is different. We lost our chance to get three important points. Now we have to analyse what we didn’t do that well and move on to the next game. We didn’t lose the league today. If we’d have won we wouldn’t have won the league today either.”

It was City that didn't let you out or let you play your best and you only stayed in the game because your keeper was your best player

14:54
'The performance wasn't complex enough'

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, speaking to BT Sport: “We lost the game and City deserved to win. Until the goal we were very strong in the last 20 metres of the field, but only there unfortunately. Everywhere else we were not good enough to relieve pressure and to hurt them.

“The performance was not complex enough. Overall, simply, we were not at our best level. After the goal it felt a little bit like the belief in winning was bigger than the fear of losing, I don’t know why. We tried to push and get the crowd behind us. It was a very emotional game but never on our highest level.

“We conceded a goal from a set play. Even if we wanted to go for long balls for Romelu [Lukaku] it was not precise enough. I didn’t really feel the belief that we could escape the short balls. It was doubtful and it felt like we had something to lose. We lacked a little bit of freshness also.”

Sky
Player Ratings

Man City: Ederson (7), Walker (6), Dias (8), Laporte (7), Cancelo (6), De Bruyne (7), Rodri (7), Foden (7), Jesus (8), Bernardo Silva (7), Grealish (7).

Subs used: Mahrez (N/A), Fernandinho (N/A), Sterling (N/A)

Player of the match: Gabriel Jesus (Man City)

14:59
'The way we played was so good'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “Today we played for each other, ran for each other and passed the ball for each other. Now I’m watching the Ryder Cup and I’m seeing how they play for each other. That is nice when you play football too. It’s just three points of course, but the way we played was so good.

“Sometimes we believe we need a proper striker to finish, but the important thing is the way we play. The most important thing is doing it as a team and as a unit. It’s like last season. Sergio [Aguero] was injured all year and we won the Premier League.

“It’s a good way to start this fascinating week that we have ahead of us.”

15:03
'We have to accept we weren't at our level'

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “In general we were active but in a very deep zone, not where we wanted to be.

“You cannot go into a game like this and expect the result to be on our side. We just have to accept we weren’t at our level, but City played a part in this. Making you underperform is also a kind of performance.”