Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chelsea-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Great stats - love the way in which the performances went largely under the radar of Tyler and Neville. In fact from Neville’s comments during the game you would be forgiven for thinking Rodri especially had a stinker.

Gundogan delivered another understated ‘water carrier’ performance - people forget that he was Pep’s first signing and that he joined City while still recovering from a dislocated kneecap which kept him out of the German WC squad.

The Athletic reporting Lampard is under serious pressure for his position.

"Sources have told The Athletic that Chelsea have started to explore alternative plans with a view to replacing Lampard if the current slump continues, if not sooner".

"Sources have told The Athletic that Chelsea have started to explore alternative plans with a view to replacing Lampard if the current slump continues, if not sooner".
I wish him well whatever happens. He did well for us for the short time he was with us.

This was a brilliant result for us, Chelsea are always hard to beat and they stick at it for the full ninty. Gundog for me was the MOM, probably the best I have seen him play for us, (even if Ratboy also thinks he was our MOM.)

The owner is ruthless, Frank new this when he took the job. It is always about results for the top teams and Chelsea are a top team most seasons.

What was the corner retake about, I wonder if kickin* the corner flag negates the kick.
in any event all the City goals had a touch of class in them, superb

What was the corner retake about, I wonder if kickin* the corner flag negates the kick.
in any event all the City goals had a touch of class in them, superb
Pep takes the piss

''And his lack of confidence was summed up in the final minutes of Chelsea's loss to City as Werner appeared to injure himself when attempting to take a short corner.

Passing the ball a few yards should be pretty simple for a professional footballer but Werner ended up kicking the corner flag before going down on his hunches having hurt himself.

It also prompted Guardiola to shout "yellow card" as Werner went down to the ground according to journalist Ed Aarons. Even the City manager is mocking Werner.''

We were so much more progressive yesterday. Opportunities to play the positive ball forward were taken instead of the safer, negative sideways pass. Magnificent Result and not one to be under rated by the pundits. The negative attitude of Tyler and Neville speaks volumes for the general approach of Sky who seem to be reinventing themselves as the new version of BT Sport.

MoTD highlighting the performance of Bernardo Silva :clap:

Their highlights emphasised for me how refreshing it was to see us force the opposition to defend while running back towards their own goal. That came through those positive ‘breaking the lines’ forward passing.