Chelsea 11 City 10
Cards
Chelsea 3 Y City 1 Y (B Silva)
On Target
Chelsea 2 City 6
Woodwork
Chelsea 0 City 1
Off Target
Chelsea 7 City 12 (PL site has 9 Chelsea shots, City 18 - City OS Chelsea 2 shots City 8 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59058

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/chelsea-v-manchester-city

18:34
'Chelsea didn't ride the storm'
FT: Chelsea 1-3 Man City

Rob Green
Former England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

Man City blew Chelsea away, you would be sat there as a Chelsea player thinking they're going to have to ride the storm here but they didn't. It could've been five or six at half time. The first five minutes and the last 30 seconds, they're the only times Chelsea looked like doing anything.

18:44
'Today we have shown we can win the big games'

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne speaking to Sky Sports: "I think after five or ten minutes we found our rhythm - the beginning was a bit lacking and I was in a bit of a different role today but after that we played very well. We took our chances at the right time and defensively were solid for 90 minutes it's a shame we conceded that goal in the last minute.

"We have different players so we play different this year so we have adjusted to our personnel but the team is finding more rhythm in the last month we are playing better. When we had chances today we took them and leading 3-0 at half time meant we could play more realistic in second half."

On playing in false 9 position: "Bit bizarre in beginning, I've done it a few times in my career obviously we have a lot forwards out and the coach asked me to do this job so I tried my best to do it as good as possible

"Important that we win one of these big games, this year we have played some good games but not won any of them so today we have shown we can win the big games. We're still fighting an uphill battle but we are getting closer that's all we can do now.

"The years we were champions we were winning these big games - it's a bit different this year because everyone is losing points. We had a bad start but we are coming back a bit so it's a good thing we're here fighting and that's all we can do now."

On the strange results of the season: "I don't really have an explanation for it - it is what it is. Every game we play there's never a feeling it's going to be easy. You need to be here 100% for every game if you're only at 95% then you're not going to win the game and that's what a lot of teams have done this year."

Here's a thing for when Bluedub has a look at this thread, and given a remark he made earlier in the season about KDB playing a deeper role - this tonight also gives food for thought, given his display further foward.

18:53
'An important win'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "We played really well. Unfortunately the last goal but the result at Stamford Bridge is fantastic. Today we were back like we were. An important win at Chelsea away.

"The Premier League is weird for everything [this season]. Everything is weird, just have to be focused during the games but otherwise relax. Hopefully in the Premier League in the last six, seven games we can be there fighting."

18:28
How it looks at the top

Victory moves Manchester City into fifth but they have a game in hand on Liverpool and Manchester United. Win that and Pep Guardiola's side would be just one point off the top.

Things are shaping up for a very exciting title race.
Considering how disjointed we've been to start the season, I'll take it.

18:56
'The way we played today is how we have won titles in the past'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola speaking to Sky Sports: "They press and push in the first minutes we suffered a little bit because we didn't concede almost anything except the goal in the last minute but we play really well. The result is excellent at Stamford Bridge but the way we play was really great you can't win titles without playing like that.

"Chelsea one of strongest teams they are suffering from last game but you see the quality of their players and the bench. We had a plan we tried to play like we have in the past and it worked. The players were excellent in every way especially with the ball. We cannot play like other teams, we have to play in our rhythm and attack in the right moment. We won titles in that way, more patient. We missed a bit of this tempo and today we had it.

"We don't have the physicality and quality of players to make quick transitions, maybe Raheem Sterling and Kevin de Bruyne but the others haven't played with the ball. You create problems and that's what we have to do. From the keeper to the striker we have to put the ball on the grass, make 1000 passes and pick the right moment."

On if things have changed at City: "Same manager, same backroom staff, the players are the same and the ideas are completely the same. The way we won leagues and titles and other things is the way we played today. The tempo we have missed in the past, today we recovered it."

On Phil Foden: "So proud - he never dropped one bit of his energy he can play up front in all four positions. He has a sense of goal, he scored a fantastic goal. We rely on him incredibly, for England and the national team, he will be a top player because he's so clever and calm. He made another great performance today."

18:59

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, speaking to BBC Sport: "We needed five or 10 minutes to come into the game a bit but after that we found the rhythm. At the right time we took our chances and leading 3-0 at half time made it a little easier to play realistic football. Just a shame for the last goal in the last minute.

"We are not even halfway yet. It is weird. We were not 100% ready physically and mentally after the summer, we regrouped really well and then in December you win a couple of games and climbing the table.

"We are going to fight and it is the only thing we can do."

19:05
'Today was painful in the first half'

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard, speaking to BBC Sport: "Mistakes, individual mistakes, not getting close enough. They punished us. If you want to reach the top level which City have been for a few years now you have to accept the pressures. The second half we competed but at 3-0 the game was pretty much done.

"I am not trying to talk up the last 20 minutes of the game because at 3-0 the vitals of the game have changed but I was still looking for a reaction.

"I am not putting ourselves down. I am the man to have the reality check and there will be work and at times pain. Today was painful in the first half in football terms because their level of play show where we need to aspire to. In the second half I saw a reaction but the work needs to be done."