Chelsea FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 9 | Vital Football

Chelsea FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Yes mate ., you might have seen a video of me yesterday . I never wanted to come down but I ended up very near Tahiti . Bit of a splash landing but I've still got a smile on my face

Watched it back yesterday - bored at work

Lucky in the first half to still be in game, but credit to Mopo for changing the game at HT.

The full backs destroyed us in the first half, Alonso made the wrong choices a number of times which saved us - its also these sort of games that highlights trippier - is he good enough?

Second half completely different and dominated them - I dont know how anyone can hate Lamela, whilst he can be frustrating he was great yesterday in linking play and killing Fab :15:

The one annoyance in the second half was Son, he was so so lucky the ball ended up with Alli, Son - you have to pass it there.

As a side, is Hugo good enough anymore?

Starting to agree with you about Hugo , Kiny. The howlers do seem to be a bit more frequent lately . That one on Sunday was schoolboy standard . He was nowhere near it . Talking of errors , not that I give a **** , that one by Moses was monumental . One nil up and last few seconds of the first half , you do not try to be clever in that position . If that had been one of our full backs .............
Vorm has been a great back up to Hugo , has never let us down , is a great shot stopper . Hugo used to be our fifth defender in a back four , not seen much of that lately either .
I'm certainly not slating him off here , he is still one of the best in the league . Maybe it's just a concentration thing that's easily eradicated . Maybe playing behind a really good back line that's so organised , is making him relax a bit . What do I know :shrug:

I was surprised Hugo is rated number one of the top ten keepers in Europe. Top of the pile. Not sure what the criteria is, saves, clean sheets or whatever. It was a howler against Chelsea and France wasn't too happy with him the other day either. I don't usually stick up for him but until that number one rating is proved to be bollox I have to put a sock in it.

I was surprised Hugo is rated number one of the top ten keepers in Europe. Top of the pile. Not sure what the criteria is, saves, clean sheets or whatever. It was a howler against Chelsea and France wasn't too happy with him the other day either. I don't usually stick up for him but until that number one rating is proved to be bollox I have to put a sock in it.
Yeah , I'm not slating him Nick , just concerned that mistakes are creeping into his game where they weren't before. He is right up there with everyone for clean sheets in the PL. certainly not saying he has become a liabity overnight . We are lucky to have him and he has been brilliant for us .

It had nothing to do with the poor flap yesterday but I do think Sanchez inclusion has taken part of Hugo's game away from him.

Whilst Toby & Verts are great, if we were playing a high line and there was a ball over the top it was Hugo's job to get there before an attacker as neither of them are rapid. Now it seems that's Sanchez job more than 90% of the time.

This might be for the best as Hugo is 31 now and not necessarily going to have as quick acceleration as he used to moving forwards, but to me it was his reading of the game and speed off his line that set him apart from other keepers. Now he just has to make saves (which he's been doing pretty well with the very occasional blip) and command his box (which is more questionable).

I used to argue he put more points on the board than any other keeper, especially under AVB/Sherwood. But nowadays I'm less convinced, and that's partially due to how we set up defensively.

Still a huge fan, and hope to see him lifting the FA Cup after having solid games for the rest of the season.