Chelsea FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 20 | Vital Football

Chelsea FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

What will be the result?

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Firstly, happy birthday @Real Deal. Well, for yesterday now.

Secondly, I'm still not buying this "we have nobody else" stuff. Instead of running the last few first team attacking players we have into the ground, hive some youth a chance! Give Sess, Parrott or even Richard's some game time! Recall Kaz Sterling from loan? Even Jack Clarke could help do a job!

If the next couple of months are going to that difficult then why not turn it in to a positive by taking a few risk with these players. Zero pressure, just give them freedom and support to find their feet.

Didnt see the game because I was working and had a prior engagement.I recorded it but is it worth watching lads or will it just make my blood boil and ruin my weekend, as if it already hasn't.🙄🙄
Bro, spare yourself the extreme frustration. I m serious. Really nothing to see except shit. It was an attack v defence training session for about 90% of the match.

Secondly, I'm still not buying this "we have nobody else" stuff. Instead of running the last few first team attacking players we have into the ground, hive some youth a chance! Give Sess, Parrott or even Richard's some game time! Recall Kaz Sterling from loan? Even Jack Clarke could help do a job!

If the next couple of months are going to that difficult then why not turn it in to a positive by taking a few risk with these players. Zero pressure, just give them freedom and support to find their feet.
The 'nobody else stuff' is a ready made excuse. Whilst there is still a mathematical chance of top four, or we are still in the CL, or we are still in the FA Cup, nothing will change. Even when there is nothing left to play for it is unlikely that unproven players will get a chance, it's not the Mourinho way. He'd rather wait till next season and start out with 100 million of new signings, which he is unlikely to get.
Given the current situation, just a little innovation or thinking outside of the box would be nice, Lamela or Alli as a false nine for example. It seems to be clear to the whole world other than Jose that Moura as the primary front man just doesn't work.

Yes Jose, there are other ways to find a solution without putting your hand in Levy’s pocket. Look around you.
HK, Sonny and Sissoko are a while away, so what’s your plan?

Its Troy time. Lamela is always good for 100% and can create.

I thought you’d already done the hard yards with Dele and turned him around, but now you’ve all but extinguished his flame!

Ill give him time but not sure Jose is the one.

Yes Jose, there are other ways to find a solution without putting your hand in Levy’s pocket. Look around you.
HK, Sonny and Sissoko are a while away, so what’s your plan?

Its Troy time. Lamela is always good for 100% and can create.

I thought you’d already done the hard yards with Dele and turned him around, but now you’ve all but extinguished his flame!

Ill give him time but not sure Jose is the one.

You are right!
With their efficiency and stability, Lamela and Dele can lead Spurs to glory.
JM must be blind he can't see that.

I do agree that he should give the youth lads a chance. We are in a position were we really have no choice.

Playing it safe isn't working so we might as well go for it.

A few of us have talked about Tanganga probably being able to play anywhere on the pitch. That run of his late on culminating in an oh so close controlled touch to put him on goal. He has pace, strength and a trick or two. I'm not sure why he hasn't played in the couple of games before, maybe for rest. It's not like Davies has been all that !! Such is Tangangas determination, I think a place for him should be found, even up top !!

A few of us have talked about Tanganga probably being able to play anywhere on the pitch. That run of his late on culminating in an oh so close controlled touch to put him on goal. He has pace, strength and a trick or two. I'm not sure why he hasn't played in the couple of games before, maybe for rest. It's not like Davies has been all that !! Such is Tangangas determination, I think a place for him should be found, even up top !!
He needs to play at RB for us for the rest of this season, he looks quite comfortable there, and whereas Davies is reliable, Aurier is too high risk. Hopefully we will sign a quality RB in the summer, after which Sanchez and Tanganga should be developed as the CB pairing going forward.

Jack Clarke is once again on the bench for qpr having left Leeds because he was sitting on the bench. He obviously isn’t showing much to impress either of these 2 managers so what makes u think Jose would give him a chance by recalling him. Any other team with our issues would promote u23 players. Jose is just being stubborn not at least having a striker from there on the bench at least

Jack Clarke is once again on the bench for qpr having left Leeds because he was sitting on the bench. He obviously isn’t showing much to impress either of these 2 managers so what makes u think Jose would give him a chance by recalling him. Any other team with our issues would promote u23 players. Jose is just being stubborn not at least having a striker from there on the bench at least

Makes you wonder if he is really all that or was it Poch/Bielsa help out? I watched (still do) a lot of Leeds cos of my brother's affiliation and never saw more than a handful of standout appearances from him when others were tiring.

I agree matic. Once Kane and then SIssoko got injured and we signed no cover in January, I had written off the season. I'd go along with you and even as far as bollox to Europa. But... I do wonder what was Jose's agreed remit and then there's all about financial incentives both for him and the squad (oh, and Levy). May be driven by the fear of sack or loss of earnings?

Just throwing out a lot of 'why does he not' thoughts, as what you and many see as a common sense options for the future.

Sorry...should take this debate to the Jose thread, but you can't carry the 'reply' button to another thread..... or can you?

I agree matic. Once Kane and then SIssoko got injured and we signed no cover in January, I had written off the season. I'd go along with you and even as far as bollox to Europa. But... I do wonder what was Jose's agreed remit and then there's all about financial incentives both for him and the squad (oh, and Levy). May be driven by the fear of sack or loss of earnings?

Just throwing out a lot of 'why does he not' thoughts, as what you and many see as a common sense options for the future.

Sorry...should take this debate to the Jose thread, but you can't carry the 'reply' button to another thread..... or can you?
I’m sure you can copy and paste between threads but don’t know if the reply icon carries across . .......... , ‘kin ‘ell , hark at me , struggled to type and send an email a couple of years ago. !

Full match on Spurs website if you can bring yourself to view it. I think I will mainly to see if Tanganga was struggling at RB and seeing if Ndombele really was disinterested. Also can Toby jump as has been suggested and has Vert lost his legs.

I’m sure you can copy and paste between threads but don’t know if the reply icon carries across . .......... , ‘kin ‘ell , hark at me , struggled to type and send an email a couple of years ago. !
Walthy, you are a quick learner mate. Impressive. I remember Eagle showing you all these cut n paste and video insertions in the 'Stadium' thread. Couldn't stop you from that point!(y)

We are making

I would add Skipp as well at least he does have the bottle to get stuck in

Last edited:
Walthy, you are a quick learner mate. Impressive. I remember Eagle showing you all these cut n paste and video insertions in the 'Stadium' thread. Couldn't stop you from that point!(y)
Ha ha how right you are CS .SpursEagle has a lot to answer for . My fingers are a blur on the keyboard these days but I think it’s because my eyesight is failing , not because of my typing speed !
My dear old grandad used to say a lot ! But he always said how you live and learn every day !

I suppose one crumb of comfort is that of the current top 12 teams we only have Burnley and Sheff Utd still to play away.

Full match on Spurs website if you can bring yourself to view it. I think I will mainly to see if Tanganga was struggling at RB and seeing if Ndombele really was disinterested. Also can Toby jump as has been suggested and has Vert lost his legs.

I’ll forget Vert is on the pitch at times. I think he’s less interested than Ndom (who’s struggled with injury and fitness this season). But he was poor yesterday overall. If you watch the game keep us posted!