Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0 - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Right oh. I stppped recording the game after the match finished so can’t look at the post match discussionwhere they did show an angle where I thought the shot clipped Mahrez’s studs.

I do find Oliver’s explanation laughable though. A raucous crowd, masses of noise and if there was a touch Ona City boot it was slight and I cannot believe that it would have made an audible noise that would have been heard above the crowd.

He is just making stuff up. He (they) would just get so much more credibility if they just came out and said “I made a mistake”. Once VAR is introduced, as we have already seen, it will prove that original decisions were simply errors. It will be as if we will go from a situation where officials never make mistakes (because they never put their hands up and admit it, they are infallible) to one where suddenly they are effectively admitting they can get it wrong. Baffling.

Sorry to drag this up again but I was having a discussion with someone who believed Ederson should've dealt with that corner so I went searching for an image to show where the header came from and came across this. Was there any mention anywhere of Luiz getting Stones in a choke hold to win the header? Chelsea.JPG

That is the first time I have seen that image. How is that not a foul? Surely that was visible to the referee who ought to have been looking right at it. A penalty would have probably been awarded had the positions been reversed. He would have seen it then I bet :mad:

That is the first time I have seen that image. How is that not a foul? Surely that was visible to the referee who ought to have been looking right at it. A penalty would have probably been awarded had the positions been reversed. He would have seen it then I bet :mad:

Plus it wasn't a corner either, so double whammied by Oliver

Just checked my recording of the game. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reduce the file size of the photo I took showing Oliver looking directly at the action as Luiz climbed all over John Stones. If I can find a way of uploading it I will.

He is 8 yards away and looking right at the pair of them. I can not fault his positioning. Spot on. What I can question is either his eyesight or his judgement.

Sorry to drag this up again but I was having a discussion with someone who believed Ederson should've dealt with that corner so I went searching for an image to show where the header came from and came across this. Was there any mention anywhere of Luiz getting Stones in a choke hold to win the header? View attachment 30349
So a foul from a corner that wasn't a corner