Chelsea 0 City 1 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chelsea 0 City 1 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Drury was already feeding that mantra saying they still have not been tested, it won't be until we lose that the doubters will say 'see they defence is frail' we will never win, but having said that and he might have been biting his tongue at the time was Ferdinand who was quite complimentary I nearly fell off the chair in disbelief, he must have been told in no uncertain terms you have to say nice things when they win

Antonio Conte, speaking to BBC Sport:

"For sure there is a disappointment for the result but I think when two great teams play these games anything can happen. I must be pleased with the commitment of my players, because we gave everything."

"When you lose this type of player like Morata it is not simple. When you play three massive games in only seven games you must consider this, it can happen a muscular problem, but I do not think it is serious. Alvaro stopped before it became a serious injury."

"It was a technical decision with Willian, also to try and exploit the space. It was a simple tactical decision. Manchester City, we know very well they are a good team. They were a good team last season."

Kevin de Bruyne BBC Match of the Day:

"I feel very happy. We produced a good performance. We knew it would be tactical - very difficult. They are one of the best teams on the counter attack. The way we played was very positive.

"We had a little bit of a plan not to get caught by Eden and Willian because they are dangerous, that's why we played like a 3-4-3 and we managed to do it very well.

"The spirit is very good. I think it was after a game in pre-season that Pep said we need to get the mentality to hate to lose. This year we try to do that and win the points in the big games. It can change very quickly but we had a good spell in September and try to do the same when we come back after the international break."

Pep Guardiola's BBC:

"We are so happy. The most important thing is to win the game but the way we played especially in the second half was pleasing.

"We had control and the second half we adjusted our possession and the way we attacked. They could not play and had to do long balls.

"Kevin de Bruyne was outstanding, he makes absolutely everything. He is good in small spaces, he is humble and clever. He has speed and fight and can attack through the channel. He can play in four of five positions so we are lucky."

The back line, three quarters an English back line may I add, were superb today, they played the offside trap to perfection and hardly gave Chelsea a sniff.

Skoorb - 30/9/2017 19:48

......oh and in forgot the other excuse, they had one less day’s rest after the CL fixture.

Frank I am Chelsea Lamps said it may have played some part but City would have won anyway as they were the better team.

It was only Spain they had gone to, not Siberia ffs.

Frank also said they would have had time to recover, but welcome to our world having to play in Europe and domestic Cup and league games in the same season.

I happen to agree with Conte re scheduling and the fa do not do enough to assist our clubs to do their best in Europe.

I believe that Clubs who are in European competition should be allowed to opt out of the League cup if they want to.

Bluedub - 30/9/2017 21:25

The back line, three quarters an English back line may I add, were superb today, they played the offside trap to perfection and hardly gave Chelsea a sniff.

T'only problem is that they're all Yorkshire :066: :006: :026:

Colin Is The King - 30/9/2017 23:50

Bluedub - 30/9/2017 21:25

T'only problem is that they're all Yorkshire :066: :006: :026:

:010:

Read a stat on Walker, he won 9 aerial challenges today, the next highest of either team was three. We dominated them in the air as well as on the ground.

I think it was bigger than that Ozi, it was a performance to please the eye, that even the hardest critic was hard to find fault with, even though they will try.

Chelsea weren’t at their best, they had played three games in seven days, they had to fly back from Spain, they lost Morata to injury, Luiz was suspended, City have spent gazillions, it was raining........

Have I missed any excuses?

Skoorb - 1/10/2017 09:31

Chelsea weren’t at their best, they had played three games in seven days, they had to fly back from Spain, they lost Morata to injury, Luiz was suspended, City have spent gazillions, it was raining........

Have I missed any excuses?

The City fans were too noisy they could not hear the instructions from Conte

I only wish Raz could have grabbed a goal..................

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4573535/chelsea-vs-manchester-city-eden-hazard-raheem-sterling-troll/

BamaEngineer - 1/10/2017 15:51

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4573535/chelsea-vs-manchester-city-eden-hazard-raheem-sterling-troll/

To be fair to Hazard he's nailed that impersonation.

Only one of them shone on the pitch yesterday though.

He who laughs last, eh Eden?

Bluedub - 1/10/2017 03:59

BamaEngineer - 1/10/2017 15:51

To be fair to Hazard he's nailed that impersonation.

Only one of them shone on the pitch yesterday though.

He who laughs last, eh Eden?

True, BD. But Hazard is pretty goofing looking himself. I don't think he needs to be trolling anyone else. :025:

Fabregas's excuse - City were 'better rested'

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/02/cesc-fabregas-claims-manchester-city-were-much-better-rested-than-chelsea-6971180/

^ If that's his view, fine. Let's see after the end of this month, with two more rounds of the CL, plus the League Cup.
The second of these for Chelsea is Tuesday the 31st in Rome (ASR), and the following Sunday they're scheduled to play United at home :048: