Ched Evans | Vital Football

Ched Evans

Inevitable.

Someone, somewhere was always going to be sued for something in this mess.

Personally I'd be sueing the prison warders for letting a certain visitor in, :cool:

I think a whole lot of crap’s going to be resurrected again for him... hopefully not us. It’s a total mess, I can only assume that he thinks the football side isn’t going to get any better for him and this is now his only way of getting some serious cash.

TBH I'm surprised he didn't start this earlier but, as you say, maybe the issues a bit more relevant now.

Haha, I’m out of here buddy. I think it’s been all done before but I thought it was worth mentioning. Obviously I meant ‘of’ not ‘off’, that’ll teach me to copy and paste. ;)

If his father in law is to be believed Ched against advice listened to his agent and appointed a law firm that were not experienced in criminal law cases.

Maybe its his agent who should foot the bill. Very difficult to sue lawyers. Part of the claim could relate to the failure of counsel to present evidence at the time that could have led to an acquittal. No -one sues counsel so the solicitors who appointed him are fair game.

You can appreciate his sense of injustice with what happened but unless he has compelling evidence it seems doomed to fail. See the Daily Fail is peddling the story that Ched wanted to sue the Club also for loss of earnings but he could only get a maximum of £500k out of us.

Maybe Kev has a master plan after all its to keep the litigation going with the Prince to avoid any claims from Ched:LOL:

If his father in law is to be believed Ched against advice listened to his agent and appointed a law firm that were not experienced in criminal law cases.

Maybe its his agent who should foot the bill. Very difficult to sue lawyers. Part of the claim could relate to the failure of counsel to present evidence at the time that could have led to an acquittal. No -one sues counsel so the solicitors who appointed him are fair game.

You can appreciate his sense of injustice with what happened but unless he has compelling evidence it seems doomed to fail. See the Daily Fail is peddling the story that Ched wanted to sue the Club also for loss of earnings but he could only get a maximum of £500k out of us.

Maybe Kev has a master plan after all its to keep the litigation going with the Prince to avoid any claims from Ched:LOL:
I’ve supported Ched in the main but I’ve got to say that if the story about him attempting to sue United was true he must have the hide of a rhino. His actions probably cost the club £millions even though he was innocent.

See the Daily Fail is peddling the story that Ched wanted to sue the Club also for loss of earnings but he could only get a maximum of £500k out of us.

What the hell did SUFC do, other than treat him with a duty of care that he didn't deserve, imo. He was (or so its suggested) paid up to the end of his contract while he was sat in jail. If it was you or I sent down in a criminal case, our contracts of employment would have been cancelled for gross misconduct there and then. Perhaps the club should counter claim for loss of earnings from failing to get promotion?

Inevitable.

Someone, somewhere was always going to be sued for something in this mess.

Personally I'd be sueing the prison warders for letting a certain visitor in, :cool:
Can anyone shed any light on which visitor TT's prattlin on abart please?:giggle: Not obsessed at all.UTCB

An innocent man so someone has to pay his bills. Don't blame him at all.
Pity he can't take action against the woman who was in charge of the PPS.

His he taking action against the Blades or is that just paper talk?

Can't see him getting very far in suing his solicitors.
Assuming what has been said is true, that is also assuming I have heard enough to be able to get an accurate picture of what actually happened, I would have thought he would stand a bettter chance of claiming malicious prosecution against the police and the girl.

Can't see him getting very far in suing his solicitors.
Assuming what has been said is true, that is also assuming I have heard enough to be able to get an accurate picture of what actually happened, I would have thought he would stand a bettter chance of claiming malicious prosecution against the police and the girl.

His father in law said they would never pursue any action against the girl in question as she was equally a victim like Ched. He has said in the past the target for any prosecution should be South Wales Police. I understand the maximum you can get under a malicious prosecution is £500k. Sadly the reported action seems to be more about money than seeking legal redress.

An innocent man so someone has to pay his bills. Don't blame him at all.
Pity he can't take action against the woman who was in charge of the PPS.

His he taking action against the Blades or is that just paper talk?

Think its just paper talk. It is Martin Samuels paper after all.

Can’t sue the club for any loss cos there wasn’t any we let his contract run to its end he can’t sue for us not renewing it,I’d have more sympathy if he was sueing due to a lack of justice rather than lack of wages

Can’t sue the club for any loss cos there wasn’t any we let his contract run to its end he can’t sue for us not renewing it,I’d have more sympathy if he was sueing due to a lack of justice rather than lack of wages

18k a week he was on. His contract should have been terminated as soon as he was sent down for as long as he was.

McCabe's decision making was poor over the whole mess, reulting in the bizzare transfer from Chesterfield of a player clearly not Championship standard.