Check Out Our Viewing Figures On iFollow This Season | Vital Football

Check Out Our Viewing Figures On iFollow This Season

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"We are delighted to provide fans with an insight into our iFollow figures with Lincoln City supporters streaming our matches in their thousands.

The number of households watching the Imps away from home has averaged 1,746 so far this season. This average puts us amongst the top six clubs in the division for away support on iFollow, and this number is increasing all of the time as more Imps fans are showing their support each week."

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2021/february/210205-ifollow

So if I've read that right, we get an average of 1746 x 8.33 for away games, around £14.5k.

Does all that money go to our club? Or some to home club? Or some to ifollow for hosting costs??

I think it's that £8.33 out of every £10 paid goes to the club that sells it - i.e. City, which is what these figures are about.

The balance of the £10 (i.e. £1.67) is what goes to iFollow.

I think it's that £8.33 out of every £10 paid goes to the club that sells it - i.e. City, which is what these figures are about.

The balance of the £10 (i.e. £1.67) is what goes to iFollow.
I think you will find £1.67 goes to the government as it is the 20% VAT ON £8.33.
l don’t know how the £8.33 is split after that.

Not sure it's possible, but I think it would be interesting to break it down further between domestic and overseas viewers.
I've always wondered how many overseas viewers we get and what countries they hail from.

I think you will find £1.67 goes to the government as it is the 20% VAT ON £8.33.

Yes, I see that's right.

Looking into it a bit further, I think payment from the first 500 sold does in fact go to the home club. After that, £8.33 from each sale goes to the away club as iFollow costs are for this season being covered by the EFL.

For away games we receive the balance of sales in excess of what would have been the away attendance should the fixture have been played in regular circumstance.

For example, if we would have taken 800 away fans to the game and we sell 1,700 iFollow domestic passes, then we receive £8.33 x 900.

Clubs are expected to agree what would have been the away attendance, with the EFL on hand to adjudicate should clubs fail to reach an agreement.

All very impressive. Whenever I am able to view, I have bought the Ifollow stream. At £10 a pop this is a huge saving over the traditional match day of ticket pub dinner and two or three pints. I am still able to put some cash aside towards live match days when we can return, so at present it’s win win. It’s been great watching the lads at various away games. Obviously as soon as things do get back to normal, the Ifollow needs to be stopped immediately otherwise there is a danger of this type of match viewing becoming the norm.
Out of interes, is there a full list of viewing figures with away followings for all our games so far? The club did start publishing these but then stopped.

All very impressive. Whenever I am able to view, I have bought the Ifollow stream. At £10 a pop this is a huge saving over the traditional match day of ticket pub dinner and two or three pints. I am still able to put some cash aside towards live match days when we can return, so at present it’s win win. It’s been great watching the lads at various away games. Obviously as soon as things do get back to normal, the Ifollow needs to be stopped immediately otherwise there is a danger of this type of match viewing becoming the norm.
Out of interes, is there a full list of viewing figures with away followings for all our games so far? The club did start publishing these but then stopped.

Totally agree with you.

I also wonder why they have stopped selling 50/50 tickets for (at least) home games?

How many imps would have travelled to Hull on Tuesday with this league table, and if we didnt have a limit on seats. 6000 maybe?

Would have been absolute chaos if it was in normal times. Just imagine.
Certainly would have been chaos in the car park afterwards. On my last visit( 2-0 defeat) my wife, who’d been shopping whilst I’d been at the game, had to lock herself in the car until I arrived back

Certainly would have been chaos in the car park afterwards. On my last visit( 2-0 defeat) my wife, who’d been shopping whilst I’d been at the game, had to lock herself in the car until I arrived back

Was that the game when that Hull nutjob produced a samurai sword in the car park and was disarmed by one of our more energetic lads and made to regret his actions.?

Was that the game when that Hull nutjob produced a samurai sword in the car park and was disarmed by one of our more energetic lads and made to regret his actions.?
Not sure about the sword, just loads of locals running around in the car park, away fans kept behind for 20mins in the ground, loads of police outside the ground but none in the car park. Just pleased to get away without the car getting damaged