Chatham | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chatham

I can think of 1,400 examples of why you are wrong , and that's just in Rotherham.
You can think of nothing except what you are told to think by Gel Boy. No rational thinker adopts your stance on islam; if that was the case, you have far more on here supporting rather than ridiculing you.

I bet I have spent more time in Rotherham than you have and more recently too. Rotherham is a classic example of a left behind town with all that brings. Notably less prosperous than the average it suffers from all the problems one might expect and no one cares. You prefer to endlessly focus on one small aspect of that situation, an aspect that you and yours ignored until it became convenient to do otherwise.

Bunter and co will of course lift Rotherham up beacuse they care. I'll check in 2024 and get back to you inshallah.
What VG doesn't understand is the social fabric of those mainly northern cities and the gap left after the mills closed. Anthropology is not his strong point.

You can think of nothing except what you are told to think by Gel Boy. No rational thinker adopts your stance on islam; if that was the case, you have far more on here supporting rather than ridiculing you.
The only thing ridiculed on here are your political predictions 😂
Some folk on here get rather upset if uncomfortable truths are mentioned ,but that could hardly be described as ridicule.

The only thing ridiculed on here are your political predictions 😂
Some folk on here get rather upset if uncomfortable truths are mentioned ,but that could hardly be described as ridicule.
They're only upset with you; you are the only one upset with your irrational views - views of pure hatred. If it had been in the 30s, you would have been condoning jews.

I wonder what reason or excuse will be used for the forthcoming summer riots organised by the far left in collaboration with the dark side.
will it be Islamophobia after details of the grooming gang report were released, unfair treatment by the police to the black community, lack of proper housing and the treatment of illegal immigrants. etc etc.
it's strange when the only people who have a reason to riot are the working man and woman. Those who do not have a mouthpiece for their anger and disgust at the lying left wing media and social media platforms. The leave voters who have had to put up with the EU and the remain side doing their upmost to stop brexit. we have no way of expressing how we feel about the wrongs and the unfairness of everything. Until we had a vote.

What summer riots? Vey strange that we only get riots/civil disorder when a Tory government is in power - early 80s in Brixton, Toxteth, 85 Tottenham, 90 Poll tax riots, 2011 Tottenham, Croydon, Clapham and most of London. Uncanny. If they materialise this summer remember who cut thousands of police officers so they will not be able to deal with them.

I wonder what reason or excuse will be used for the forthcoming summer riots organised by the far left in collaboration with the dark side.
will it be Islamophobia after details of the grooming gang report were released, unfair treatment by the police to the black community, lack of proper housing and the treatment of illegal immigrants. etc etc.
it's strange when the only people who have a reason to riot are the working man and woman. Those who do not have a mouthpiece for their anger and disgust at the lying left wing media and social media platforms. The leave voters who have had to put up with the EU and the remain side doing their upmost to stop brexit. we have no way of expressing how we feel about the wrongs and the unfairness of everything. Until we had a vote.

I think you may be too immersed in the conversations in your own sound chamber, we are all guilty of it. I am not disagreeing with everything you say but sometimes we get sucked into other people views.
There is (apart from liberal identity politics) very little difference between the ‘working class’ of the left or right.

Its not left v right, thats just divide and rule. Treat each subject separately and then we could move forward together.

I don't think 1400 victims and their families would agree with your 'small aspect' summary.
But obviously , you know all about Rotherham , and I don't.

You obviously aren't interested in the lives of people in Chatham, or Rotherham. It would be difficult for most of us to maintain the narrow and distorted focus that you have on "Rotherham". It's not a concept, it's a place and we have friends there. We visted them last in February.

Long before you discovered, or were pointed to, virtual Rotherham; people were living diminished lives there and in many other towns. The reasons are various but all are linked to decline and lack of investment.

Last edited:
Chatham was at least 50 times more violent in the late 50s and 100 times more violent in the previous few hundred years but the problem is the latest immigration, hmm!

When I started drinking in chatham especially in the old pubs replaced by the pentagon you kept your eyes to the floor as just a wrong glance got you the wot u f looking at mush followed by the nut. Most pubs were similar and walking home through the drunken gangs of locals, foreign navy, merchant seamen, army, navy or marines was fun especially when the MPs or Naval Patrol turned up with their battens drawn.

In the 60's and onwards I didn't find the pubs that bad and I was Chatham born and bred , though as me and a lot of my ships company found you could find trouble anywhere if you looked for it. Also RN Patrols did not carry batons, just a whistle on a chain, that came in quite handy at close quarters. That is not to say they didn't take advantage of what came to hand.

I worked in Chatham high street for about ten years spanning the seventies and eighties.Until the dockyard shut it was a busy town .That like Rochester attracted a few problems at night. But Chatham was the most prosperous of the Medway towns.Perhaps unbelievably it was where the most up market shops where.The council became obsessed with the Pentagon centre that killed the high street and almost all of the busy independent shops that gave Chatham it's identity. All Chatham has left is a few shops that can be seen in almost every town centre.That is the way I very much believe how Chatham got where it is .Nothing to do with migrant workers. They are just a symptom of what it has become.It is hard these days to get enthusiastic about going into Chatham when the goods on offer could be purchased anywhere. The only time I enjoy looking at shops is when they have something different.
For example I was in Torquay last summer and there was a shop selling wooden hand carved animal's, boxes ,seats,toys and many other hand carved objects both small and large. While I admired them I admit I didn't buy anything in the shop. I would certainly have done had it been anywhere near Christmas. But it gave my day a lift and I would certainly return one day and perhaps purchase something.
Chatham needs a lot of new investment ideally from people who have a eye for something individual.

What summer riots? Vey strange that we only get riots/civil disorder when a Tory government is in power - early 80s in Brixton, Toxteth, 85 Tottenham, 90 Poll tax riots, 2011 Tottenham, Croydon, Clapham and most of London. Uncanny. If they materialise this summer remember who cut thousands of police officers so they will not be able to deal with them.
cos the something for nothing brigade hate the tories. see Antifa are already infiltrating today's march .

You obviously aren't interested in the lives of people in Chatham, or Rotherham. It would be difficult for most of us to maintain the narrow and distorted focus that you have on "Rotherham". It's not a concept, it's a place and we have friends there. We visted them last in February.

Long before you discovered, or were pointed to, virtual Rotherham; people were living diminished lives there and in many other towns. The reasons are various but all are linked to decline and lack of investment.
I have only been recently been to Rotherham and found the mixed fans pub enjoyable. I have to admit I traveled alone to that match and as a result I mainly spoke with Rotherham fans who I found very warm and friendly.

In the 60's and onwards I didn't find the pubs that bad and I was Chatham born and bred , though as me and a lot of my ships company found you could find trouble anywhere if you looked for it. Also RN Patrols did not carry batons, just a whistle on a chain, that came in quite handy at close quarters. That is not to say they didn't take advantage of what came to hand.

Yes after about 64 they did improve. Strange, RN Patrol were using the large batons in 1970 in military road.