Chatham Town | Page 4 | Vital Football

Chatham Town

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Golden rule in 99% of cases the bookmakers win.

In the long run Chris I make you right but its like all vices - stay in control and no real harm done.

The nice thing about the apps if they keep a tally on profit/loss so you can help keep in control . I just took a look out of interest and in the last 12 months I ended up positive for 7 months and 5 months negative. They are all small bets though - as I say what I am prepared to lose.

You only win when you withdraw the cash. I mostly use my small wins to fund the next weeks bets. In time I am sure the bookies will get it back but it adds a bit of fun to the matches.

I remember a bet I had will Gills last season. Ehmer to score the win in extra time. He smashed a shot against the bar, a few mm lower and that was something crazy like 50/1 when I placed it at the start of second half of extra time

Problem gambling should be taken more seriously though. The fixed odds betting terminals you see in bookies should all be crushed.

I well remember the away FA Cup tie at Arsenal back in 1982. We were sitting in with a crowd of Arsenal fans who were all very friendly even when Godden equalised and Arsenal bought on the big guns. It was all very exciting when one of the Arsenal guys announced that he was winning cica £460 with a bet on a 4-2 result with Wiltard scoring the final goal. The game was in the 90th minute and we had been invited to join them in a local pub when Ray Parlour smashed in a fith meaning that he had lost his bet.

I well remember the away FA Cup tie at Arsenal back in 1982. We were sitting in with a crowd of Arsenal fans who were all very friendly even when Godden equalised and Arsenal bought on the big guns. It was all very exciting when one of the Arsenal guys announced that he was winning cica £460 with a bet on a 4-2 result with Wiltard scoring the final goal. The game was in the 90th minute and we had been invited to join them in a local pub when Ray Parlour smashed in a fith meaning that he had lost his bet.

That were a great game...I was also amongst the Arsenal crowd. Think it was Henry and Pires they brought on. Players they would have liked to keep on the bench were it not for the fact Gills were putting up such a fight. Think it was in 2002 tho

One of the most positive changes in on line gambling is the ability to cash out before the bet ends.

Thats my strategy. It works both ways. With the folkestone chatham bet I cashed out at £80 from £5. Had I let it run it would have been £140 but Werder were only 1-0 up and I couldn't risk it. The £80 will cover my stakes for a good few weeks

I also subscribe to a service where they email probabilities for many leagues. You end up backing some strange teams but if you are happy to take small returns it keeps the stake pot ticking over.

As I say keep it fun and bet what you can afford to lose.

At the moment the stock market is far riskier than a fiver on Jordan Graham to score :-)

That were a great game...I was also amongst the Arsenal crowd. Think it was Henry and Pires they brought on. Players they would have liked to keep on the bench were it not for the fact Gills were putting up such a fight. Think it was in 2002 tho

Correct. Not sure if it was just a senile moment or my fingers playing tricks. Stupid thing is that I had googled the game to check the times of the fourth goal before posting. I suppose that you wont accept it as a "woosh"?:ooops::sorry::stupid:

7-1....57 minutes! Wont be happy conceding from a set piece!

Do Chatham Town have a website which I could visit if I wanted to know how they were doing?

Yes they do. Assuming your comment was intended the way it comes across (and if not, I apologise), I would point out they also have a clearly and unambiguously titled thread on this forum which you could avoid opening if you didn't want to know how they were doing.

Great match today, good standard. Most goals (11) I've seen in a match ever, beating the 10 Gills scored in 1987.