Chatham Town | Page 6 | Vital Football

Chatham Town

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
I didn't realise some of my taxes went towards giving MPs £25 a day to just eat. Seems this petition has risen out of that anomaly.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-mps-entitlement-to-free-work-meals?bucket=

Its not quite the expenses scandal of the early part of the century but still some differences to us normal people. Add on top that many do paid work as second jobs (so they don't dedicate their full attention to the responsibilities of the role) and it does make you shake your head at times.

Still one rule for them ...................................

Don't forget to see if you can claim expenses for any poppy wreaths you buy this year - they can ;-)

Last edited:
McDonalds is unhealthy fast food but it’s also reasonably cheap, depending on what you order and vouchers. Don’t underestimate how expensive veg is in the supermarkets.

But let's not kid ourselves, parents don't take their kids to McDonalds because it's supposedly cheap, they take them because it's easy. On the odd occasion we go to McDonalds, we don't get much change out of £20 for four of us. I could do a healthy home cooked meal for four for a fiver a day. You don't have to have veg every night to give your kids a healthy fulfilling meal.

I know some parents are to blame, but it's not the kids fault they have scummy parents. We have to make sure their kids eat decent food, because we know their parents won't.

Absolutely.... it’s about stopping the ongoing cycle of shite these kids find themselves .....let’s feed them so they can function as young human beings and are able to concentrate on learning at school rather than feeling hungry and desperate.....

then deal with the parents after .....