Charlton | Page 4 | Vital Football

Charlton

Much improved team performance today but frustrating not to get a point,which is the least we deserved.

Evans was superb in midfield today and we need to see more performances like that from him. Was impressed with Tilt on his debut.Big,strong defender,who is good at bringing the ball out as well.Massey was excellent at RB to be fair to him.Jones was having a good game until the goal which was really poor on his part to allow that to sneak in.He either thought it was going wide or was distracted with the possibility of colliding with the post.

As for ref,what a complete and utter pr*ck! That 2nd half especially he was terrible. The linesman was in a much better position for the disallowed goal and didn't flag for a foul. Two decent penalty shouts as well, surely we should've got at least one.He seemed to constantly give them some really soft free kicks and when something similar happened on us he waved play on.

Plenty more positives though overall today and we go again on Tuesday.

Massive improvement on last week ap that is a positive.
Played decent football especially near the end , fine margins of both poor ref decisions and lack of class in front of goal cost us points today.
Bring on Tuesday.

I said earlier I do think we should look at another manager once the takeout happens but one thing I like about Sheridan is his honesty and just says it how it is. Horrible referee and a poor goal to concede, and the fact we give to many freekicks.

I really hope that referee was bent today as it would mean if he wasn't then he really was THAT bad!!

We need a couple of quick wins, no matter how scrappy they are,
to prevent us dropping into the relegation zone, so early in the season.

We are not expecting any great shakes this season, but staying in this
League will make it easier to challenge for a play-off spot next season
with a stronger squad and better quality players.

We need a couple of quick wins, no matter how scrappy they are,
to prevent us dropping into the relegation zone, so early in the season.

We are not expecting any great shakes this season, but staying in this
League will make it easier to challenge for a play-off spot next season
with a stronger squad and better quality players.
There is such a long way to go. If we’re not challenging for the play-offs come the end I will be hugely disappointed with what I have seen so far. If we can get a decent keeper we’ll start climbing the league

Amazing that Omar Bogle is still playing at this level. He was dreadful for us and seems to have actually got significantly worse in the years since. At least for us he was a presence, but he didn't even manage that today for Charlton.

If ever there was someone stealing a (very good) living in football, it's Bogle. I can hand on heart say that I'd be as effective as Bogle, and I'm pushing 40, slightly overweight, and not a particularly good footballer... If someone was paying me a couple of grand a week to keep fit and do some practice, though, I'm sure I'd be far better than him.

Spends most of his time offside, having literally no positional sense at all, can't control a ball, and has no first touch at all. It was like watching my nine year old, except my nine year old can control a ball that's passed to him.

Well rid is the understatement of the year. What Bowyer was thinking by taking the other lad off (who did look a real threat) and putting Bogle on is a complete mystery.

All the ref's fault. not the fact you are garbage with non league players, and it's going to get worse when you get injuries. Hi ho, hi ho, it's down the leagues we go.......

All the ref's fault. not the fact you are garbage with non league players, and it's going to get worse when you get injuries. Hi ho, hi ho, it's down the leagues we go.......

"Down the leagues we go"?

So are you a closet Tics fan after all (albeit a bloody weird un), or just too ignorant to be able to change the words to make 'em fit the situation?

I know Degsy (sagely) says we should leave you alone, but in these times, we all need to look out for each other ................. especially those amongst us who show peculiar behavioural traits.

You OK hun?

yeah im fine chick. You can ignore me, and i expect you to but you can't unsee what you read.

How prophetic your words are about looking out for each other and being nice to each other etc. Maybe if some board members were nicer to me previously i wouldn't be here now.

Thought we played well yesterday unfortunately we are lacking up front and in midfield
Yes the ref was shocking we should have had a few free kicks ignored by the ref
I thought Charlton where poor I expected a good hiding from them but was surprised how poor they where and we had a new team compared to the one that last played against them
There manager said they deserved to win I don't know why but he would say that wouldn't he
Wonder how much was in the brown envelope shoved under reffs door

yeah, im fine chick. You can ignore me, and I expect you to but you can't unsee what you read.

That's not quite right Troggy we can all block you then nobody can see what you write either.
Just how many times have you been back on here with different names ? Grip Norm et cetera et cetera

That's not quite right Troggy we can all block you then nobody can see what you write either.
Just how many times have you been back on here with different names ? Grip Norm et cetera et cetera
Do you reckon he is a multi poster zakky

yeah im fine chick. You can ignore me, and i expect you to but you can't unsee what you read.

I'm still a little puzzled why you'd choose to come on here to read stuff in the first place though.

You wouldn't need to see it if you chose not to. That said, as it was cup final day yesterday, so your lads had no game, I suppose you had time on your hands.
🙄

I'm still a little puzzled why you'd choose to come on here to read stuff in the first place though.

You wouldn't need to see it if you chose not to. That said, as it was cup final day yesterday, so your lads had no game, I suppose you had time on your hands.
🙄
What cup final was that ?