Charlton | Vital Football

Charlton

Th10

Vital Squad Member
I’m expecting a tight game today, all Charlton’s recent games have been pretty close and I can’t see them being anything like hull. I hate to say it but I can see a frustrating afternoon and them nicking it 1-0, really hope I’m wrong though.

Super bummed, cos would have been going to this in a box 😭 Just gotta get three points. Dowell twatting a hat-trick in from 50 yards, Naidinho rifling a header in off the bar, Lowe falling over and nudging it over the line with his arse... ANYTHING. Just win please 🤞🏻

It's going to be a tense one, we should keep a clean sheet but I cant help thinking we've had some luck over the last few weeks.
Hopefully our Barnsley performance wont be repeated. Scrappy 1-0 win to us as that is what I predicted for tuesday game!!!

Channel our positivity...we are playing well and will win. Tight for a while and there will be nerves but we will get on top and prevail easily in the end.

Charlton 0-3 Wiggin.

Charlton are going to throw everything at us, they'll think 3 points today will probably keep them up. I don't think it will be tight, both teams need the win and so are going to push if needed leaving spaces etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see one team win by a couple of goals as the other throws everything forward.
Hopefully we can score first because our game management of late has been terrific. One thing our games of late have shown us is that we've got the bottle!

I said it before the Hull game and I'll say it again...i expect us to win but if it goes wrong the pride and admiration that I hold for this bunch of young men is sky high. This affection will last long after they have left us...in these circumstances to conduct themselves as they have takes some doing.

We are already proud lads, try your best that's all any of us can ask.

Up the Tics.

Well said Hindley, agree with all of that.

All these relegation battles in recent years I’ve been at the games. Today feels like one of those deciders (although it technically isn’t) and feel sick at the thought of watching it on tv as I think it heightens the nerves. I’ll be glad when it’s 5 o’clock and the whole relegation picture is much clearer.

I agree we have had moments where it has gone for us in these last few games but don’t we deserve to get the bounce of the ball with all the crap the club and its employees have gone through. I hope that continues for the next two games because the players deserve it. Let’s hope we’re not talking about the referee after the game. If Balogun plays I will be a lot more confident. He is our Van Dijk, he has been that good for us in settling our back four down. Up the Tics!

Charlton team in - their fans saying they've left all their creativity on the bench so looks like they are looking to keep it tight and battle and then have attacking options to bring on later when legs are tired.

They are also giving the young lad Davison a rare start up front. They rate him and will be a bit of an unknown quantity for us looking to make a name for himself.

We are unchanged with Garner back on the bench.

Very worried about this one, back when fixtures came out originally I thought this game could be a huge game to decide relegation and always had a bad feeling about it. While I never predicted any circumstances like this and we clearly have a great side full of spirit I fear this could end up a really tough game like Barnsley. A soft mistake, a wonder goal or a bad ref call could decide our fate today so while I have faith in our lads I know anything can happen and you don't always get what you deserve - most nervous I've been in a long time about a game. If ever we needed a performance and result it's today as it could literally save the club from extinction or define our future for years to come financially.

Come on lads you've climbed a mountain to get to the top we are just short of the peak - dont let the scum bag owners, EFL, a bad ref, bad luck or anything else stop you from writing your name as legends and completing the greatest of great escapes. Wish we could be there to cheer them on but they know we are with them all the way and hopefully the players will be able to get the job done.

Charlton team in - their fans saying they've left all their creativity on the bench so looks like they are looking to keep it tight and battle and then have attacking options to bring on later when legs are tired.

They are also giving the young lad Davison a rare start up front. They rate him and will be a bit of an unknown quantity for us looking to make a name for himself.

We are unchanged with Garner back on the bench.

Very worried about this one, back when fixtures came out originally I thought this game could be a huge game to decide relegation and always had a bad feeling about it. While I never predicted any circumstances like this and we clearly have a great side full of spirit I fear this could end up a really tough game like Barnsley. A soft mistake, a wonder goal or a bad ref call could decide our fate today so while I have faith in our lads I know anything can happen and you don't always get what you deserve - most nervous I've been in a long time about a game. If ever we needed a performance and result it's today as it could literally save the club from extinction or define our future for years to come financially.

Come on lads you've climbed a mountain to get to the top we are just short of the peak - dont let the scum bag owners, EFL, a bad ref, bad luck or anything else stop you from writing your name as legends and completing the greatest of great escapes. Wish we could be there to cheer them on but they know we are with them all the way and hopefully the players will be able to get the job done.
Well said