Charlton Tomorrow - Shirley in Doubt? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Charlton Tomorrow - Shirley in Doubt?

Doesn't really matter if someone makes an offer Scally can't refuse and the player wants to go

Whether they have time left on their contract does matter as it dictates whether we can ask for a fee that will allow us to sign a replacement... or cover PS's Director's remuneration.

It would be nice to know IF the club are currently trying to extend the deals of any of the better players.

Ogilvie, Bonham and Dempsey as priorities.

Graham - a great player but injury question marks?

I'd let Jackson and Akinde move on.

Whether they have time left on their contract does matter as it dictates whether we can ask for a fee that will allow us to sign a replacement... or cover PS's Director's remuneration.
That's my point, if they have time left we can still sell them if the price is right

I cant believe dempsey is on a one year deal. Why would he upsticks and move south for a one year deal

Graham I understand as I think he just needed to go somewhere and enjoy playing again. Relaunch his career if you like.

We should offer deals with fair and reasonable release clauses. We are just a stepping stone on their careers but it would be nice to see them play in the flesh for a season.

It would be nice to know IF the club are currently trying to extend the deals of any of the better players.

Ogilvie, Bonham and Dempsey as priorities.

Graham - a great player but injury question marks?

I'd let Jackson and Akinde move on.

It would be nice to know. But do you think the club (any club) would make public their contract dealings and offerings to staff?

And as a general rule, I reckon the club (any club) would be trying to tie down their better players to longer deals constantly. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to just let a major asset walk out the door for nothing, if it would be remotely possible to sell them for a few mill, even with an outlay of a bit more wages.

And a lot of stick can be thrown at PS for various reasons, but “silly with money” is not one of them.

I’ve seen Ogilvie’s goal around 100 times but in fairness the other two goals were impressive too. Lee’s in particular seems to get no love. Oh what a nice problem to have!
One of those days when everything went right with our shooting & Charlton missed a couple of gooduns. Lovely to watch........ & again & again.

I’ve seen Ogilvie’s goal around 100 times but in fairness the other two goals were impressive too. Lee’s in particular seems to get no love. Oh what a nice problem to have!

I mentioned elsewhere, each of our 3 goals would be a walk up Goal of the Month contender. And Connor’s particularly was a GoTS shoo in.

Shame it wasn't this game that Sky decided to televise for many reasons but we could have seen the goals from different angles