Charlton Tomorrow - Shirley in Doubt? | Page 10 | Vital Football

Charlton Tomorrow - Shirley in Doubt?

I enjoyed yesterday's game. Wasn't great defensively, but entertaining. Even when Chorlton came back twice, I always felt we'd win. I only felt panic when they went down to 10 men! TVs were taken up yesterday, so watched on the laptop. Glad I wasn't drinking, as the laptop would have gone flying when the third went in! Onwards and upwards 🙂

Bowyer is always as gentle as a lamb on a night out in Leeds or a visit to McDonalds. Was he wearing socks yesterday?

What a great result yesterday! And some fine finishing too.

What a shame we couldn't be there.

An enjoyable twenty minutes reading the Charlton forum. My favourite:

'The problem is teams like Gillingham will work their socks off because they are playing Charlton'.
I’ve just spent a most enjoyable hour doing the same.
In a nutshell
The red card was Evans fault
We are a horrible side
Charlton are over achieving
Brilliant 😁

Latest news from the FA: refs no longer allowed to book twice for two fouls within a five minute window. Later news: refs now allowed to issue two yellows for two fouls in the same incident. What a plonker. If your man is losing the plot, substitute him.

Latest news from the FA: refs no longer allowed to book twice for two fouls within a five minute window. Later news: refs now allowed to issue two yellows for two fouls in the same incident. What a plonker. If your man is losing the plot, substitute him.

Had to laugh watching Ian Holloway on the Quest highlights excusing Aneke on the basis of "that is what I would want my centre forward to do". What, literally cost him the game? :slap:

He and Darren Bent thought the first booking as a bit soft and I have to say I agree but if you are on a booking you can not make a challenge like the second one.

I think Chucks just lost it.
Having said that, I wish we could afford a few forwards with his skill level.
With the players the Spotters have, they should be well in the autos mix not scrabbling around for a playoff place.

Even the clueless commentator said in advance he should sub him.

Might be wrong but seem to remember for some reason contract length wasn’t disclosed

Dempsey, Jackson, Johnson, MacDonald, Maghoma, Oliver and Samuel were all undisclosed length of contract.

Hopefully some are on a two year deal so we don't have to entirely rebuild in the summer!